Homemade lightly breaded chicken tenders
Mixed veggies
Bushes baked beans
Under 600 calories

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I'll probably be eating rotisserie chicken breast and vegetables. Maybe a small piece of cornbread. Not sure about the calories.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm having lentil and chickpea salad with lemon dressing and radishes, along with some mushrooms marinated in white wine and saffron. Total should be about 500 calories.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I'm having lentil and chickpea salad with lemon dressing and radishes, along with some mushrooms marinated in white wine and saffron. Total should be about 500 calories.

I am coming over to your house to eat it with you and make sure you never leave again and make sure if you have dessert it is pie not cake.

I had to look at the date 3 times to make sure this was not another old post of yours that is just a tease.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

I am coming over to your house to eat it with you and make sure you never leave again and make sure if you have dessert it is pie not cake.

I had to look at the date 3 times to make sure this was not another old post of yours that is just a tease.

It's really really me in December of 2019. And pie is the best holiday dessert, so this is the one time of year where we're in perfect agreement!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    On the menu tonight is peppercorn lime salmon, sweet potato and oven roasted asparagus. It's about 450 calories.
  • astridtheviking
    astridtheviking Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Last night was brown rice, chicken breast, roasted broccoli and tomatoes, and a bagged mix of roasted root veggies from Trader Joe's drizzled all mixed together and drizzled with pesto. Tonight is french toast and syrup!!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Last night was quesadillas - goat cheese, monterey jack, black beans, corn, and bell pepper in a flour tortilla

Tonight will either be beef and green bean stir fry or chicken salad sandwiches.

All three meals are less than 500 calories each.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Chicken Biryani. I'll have more than 500 but less than 600 calories worth.
  • xodreamariexo
    xodreamariexo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mmm everyone’s meal sounds good!
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Keeping it simple tonight, since the next few days will be filled with yummy foods.

Grilled cheese & chicken noodle soup - under 450 calories
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Tonight is meatless monday, again :)
    Gonna be.......... puffed tofu on green curry and veggies.

How do you puff the tofu? I'm intrigued.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options

I'm coming to your house, too. Save a chair for me. Yum to the yum.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I'm either having oatmeal with blueberries and decaf coffee for dinner, or soup. Haven't decided. I'm a non-cook and will go with what's easier, as long as it's hot.

Oops, calories. About 300-400.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Sopa de Totilla con Pollo. Hecho a mano y en casa. Chicken Tortilla Soup, hand made at home (including the hand made tortillas). whym24aqm256.jpg
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Large salad: greens, carrots, red bell pepper, tomatoes, grated cheese, cucumber, ranch dressing;
    1/2 of a ham and cheese sandwich; and pumpkin yogurt for dessert. 252 calories

Seems like a meager dinner especially on Christmas eve, but I am working this evening. Will go home and have a glass of wine with my husband.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I knew I should have taken a picture. One of my favorites it was very simple. A dinner salad, others had garlic bread. And the main event. Well there was a nice sale on. So we had Alaskan King Crab Legs with Garlic Lemon Butter. And had some friends over. For dessert I made Tiramisu, mine had no ladyfingers, everyone elses did. Everyone enjoyed all the food.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    For dinner tonight we had vegetarian meatball subs with homemade marinara, and I had Italian nougat and caramel tea afterward. My husband had a bunch of Japanese candy and a Nerds rope (stocking stuffer from me).
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Tonight is our Christmas dinner. My mom does all the cooking. As per our Polish tradition, there are no meat dishes to be had and she makes 12 different meals for the 12 apostles. Cannot wait. We sit down to dinner when the kids in the family spot the first star in the sky. Merry Christmas all!!!

PS. Anyone know how to track the dinner tonight? Is the food scale at the table over the top? Should I go there early and watch my mom prep all the dishes so that I can calculate whats in them? ;););)

NOPE!!!!

You had me going for a minute there! My Mom would be so insulted if I brought a scale! She gets frustrated when I ask her to leave butter off my fish fillet, if I busted out a scale on Christmas I'd get smacked upside the head! Happy holidays!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve is our family celebration. We had ham with apple ginger chutney, scalloped potatoes, Armenian rice pilaf, croissants, peas, and my herb spring green pear salad. Dessert was German chocolate (parents just came back from Germany), lots of cookies, lemon bars, and peppermint ice cream. I'm uncomfortably full.
  • joshdoucette84
    joshdoucette84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Something tasty🤣