Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Options
ntp0826
ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
Hi all,
I am an avid gym person but was wondering if anyone has tried Jillian's 30 day shred. What were your results? Did you do that plus gym since her workout is only 20 minutes?

Replies

• ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I just did day 3 of the 30DS yesterday, and yes I still go to the gym while on it. Sorry I can't tell you my results as it is too early but I think its a great workout!! :smile:
  • Alicia_W
    Alicia_W Posts: 10
    Options
    I previously did it for about a week. It was tough at but I felt so good afterwards. I didnt finish because I went on vacation and never really got back on board. But I think I am going to be starting back up really soon! Sorry I wasnt much help!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 7. It's an amazing workout! I see results already. I continue to do additional workout as well, even though you don't have to.
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just received mine in the mail and am going to start tonight!!
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, just finished day one. It feels like it is working for sure! I'm doing it every other day and doing 5k training on the off days. I do my WiiFit as well. Keep us posted on the results though, luv a success story!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I did it for 3 weeks in January. I lost 10 pounds and an inch and a half around the waist.

I ONLY did level 1 (asthma kept me from moving forward).

I loved it, but fell off the bandwagon. I was too tired after coming home from work, dinner, bathtime, and putting the baby to bed.

I'm looking to start back up again but yesterday, after 5 minutes, my toddler was more interested in hugging me while I did pushups opposed to letting me workout. :laugh: :heart:
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I did the whole 30 days - about 10 sessions for each level. I took 4 days off through the whole process. I didn't do much else while doing the shred except for walking about 1.5 miles three times a week. While doing the shred I lost about 9 lbs and 6 inches overall. I really liked the shred - a lot of people start it, but don't finish because htey get burned out quickly - but if you stick to it you should have really great results too!! I haven't done it in a few months and am thinking about starting it up again soon - its just nice to have an effective 20 minute workout to fall back on when your day has been super busy - we all can spare 20 minutes right!?! Good Luck!
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi,

Day 11...level 3...I'm using six pounds weights...the workout is intense...besides JM 30DS....I walk daily for approximately one hour.

B
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 30-day-shred. I lost 15 pounds (but that might just be from you know... watching what I eat). I was an idiot and did not take measurements in the beginning, so I had no clue how many inches I've lost. I tried on the workout pants I had begun the program with, and they are way too big. They were tight in the beginning, too! And, I had a shirt that I wanted to try on after I completed the 30 days, and guess what? It fit! My endurance as increased so, so, so much! I can do jumping jacks and jump rope without breaking a sweat. It's wonderful.
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    I've just ordered it from amazon. I dont expect to be able to do most of it as I have a lot of medical conditions but I will do what I can and keep trying until I complete it. Might have to change its name to 3 year shred but you dont fail until you stop trying
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Its awesome, I also walk for 1 hour along with it. I am just doing it for the past 2 weeks, have already lost 2 inches off my waist and 2 kilos.
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    Is this workout ideal for someone with big boobs? sorry to ask but past experience of doing done cardio classes at a gym in the past I've always had to opt for the low impact rather than high impact (stepping rather than jumping) as even though I wear a very well fitting, support sports bra theres still only a certain limit to what it can do and they get quite painful if jumping around too much. I don't want to get the DVD to only find out that I end up not being able to do it.
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I think most of it is fine for big boobs, there is one exercise (butt kicks) where I cross my arms over my chest rather than have them at my side, to make it more comfortable
  • Flippy44
    Flippy44 Posts: 77
    Options
    Starting tonight but don't plan on doing any other workouts - from what I hear it will kick my butt. :ohwell:
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    Is this workout ideal for someone with big boobs? sorry to ask but past experience of doing done cardio classes at a gym in the past I've always had to opt for the low impact rather than high impact (stepping rather than jumping) as even though I wear a very well fitting, support sports bra theres still only a certain limit to what it can do and they get quite painful if jumping around too much. I don't want to get the DVD to only find out that I end up not being able to do it.

If boobs were fruits mine would be rather large water melons :blushing: so I'll let you know when if its suitable when I've seen it
  • hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    My husband and I started last week and then stopped due to poor excuses...we restarted last night and I found it easier than the 1st time I did it...we played Wii sports hard core for about an hour before we Shredded so we were very warmed up. It was an intense workout we are looking forward to keeping it up this time!
  • slh627
    slh627 Posts: 10
    Options
    i plan on starting it today.. i have never tried but, but my sister loves it.. i bought it about a year ago, but unfortunately, it's still in it's wrapping.. yikes.. i'll continue the gym with my fiance as well..
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    For anyone who's interested, some of us are starting 30DS on August 1st. If you'd like to join for support/accountability, the thread is here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/107653-30-day-shred-starting-in-august
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options

I have the same problem, the only thing with the video that got me was the jumping jacks, I had 2 sports bras on and it felt like I wasn't wearing anything. I have only done level 1 and it is kicking my butt, but I am going to stick with it because I think it will really work good!!
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    WOW - started tonight and level 1 kicked my bahookie!!! Love that it's only 20 mins - there's no excuses that I don't have enough time now.