2»

Replies

• ks1004
    ks1004 Posts: 5
    Options
    Definitely T25. Check it out here: http://powerworkout.net/
  • Marrowshard
    Options
    I haven't done T25, but just wrapped up week 4 of Insanity. I too was discouraged at first when I only lost 6 pounds to start, but to echo what others are saying here, your measurements are more important than your scale weight. If you read/watch the videos and documentation for Insanity, it's not about losing huge amounts of weight, it's about building strength and speed. Losing weight is a side effect of building muscle and ramping up your cardio fitness/metabolism.

I chose Insanity because I looked in the mirror one day (post-baby) and decided I'd be completely happy never dropping a single pound as long as it was muscle instead of fat. I made a personal choice that I'd rather be FIT than SKINNY and I've been nothing but pleased with the results since then.

At my first weigh-in/measure check I discovered that Id lost 6 pounds but actually GAINED an inch to each of my thighs. Oddly enough, the 29-waist jeans I'd not been able to wear since getting pregnant fit perfectly (and in a couple cases, loosely). The flabby bits around my butt, thighs, and tummy had become denser, tighter muscle.

Don't worry if the scale doesn't reflect a big change ... muscle is HEAVIER than fat, so if you lose 5 pounds on the scale while doing tough workouts, you're actually building a TON of muscle. I still have leftover skin in front from the pregnancy (probably always will), but the abs underneath are rock-solid.

Oh ... and if you're going to get your BMI done don't just use the height-weight scales found online ... see your doctor about a physical (if you don't already get one regularly) and ask to be tested. Those online scales don't take muscle mass into account and will skew your results.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity and only lost 8lbs but did go down inches and at least a size and a half. It was killer and can be very discouraging to work your butt every day to see nothing happen. I didn't even really noticed a physical difference until the 6th week..

I just started T25 and so far I like it. I only burn half the cals I did with Insanity but I feel like there is room for other things like lifting weights or walking around the block. With Insanity, I couldn't do anything else because it was so extreme.

I second that diet is the key..I watched my cals with Insanity but I do eat the way I plan on for life. I am not temporarily changing things up to fail later. It might take longer to lose the weight but I have maintained over the summer with a 2lb fluctuation with no exercise ( I had bacterial pneumonia) and now I am plan on going back into losing mode and have to rebuild all my stamina I lost.

I would start with T25 then work into Insanity...
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Bump for later read
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 pounds (over 10% of my body weight) on T25. What I always suggest for people who are stalled is to look at their nutrition plan. I have found many do not lose weight when they eat TOO FEW CALORIES or eat the wrong foods for their calories. 1400 calories of pretzels, cheese, bread, pasta, and burgers is not the same as 1400 calories of lean protein, complex carbs, and healthy fat.

I also drank Shakeology every morning for breakfast. That set my whole day up with no cravings and more energy.

Don't give up on T25. Keep with it, watch what you eat.
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I did a month of Insanity and didn't lose a lb! Mind you I was eating more, so this probably didn't help.
    I'm now just finished on Alpha of T25 and I've lost weight and inches. I've also buckled down on my food though.

I much prefer T25, its much more manageable to fit into my life and its full on for the whole 25 minutes. I love it!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder. I was getting frustrated because the scale hasn't moved in the last 3 weeks but my clothes fit better and I feel better. I should be done with t25 but I took a few weeks were I wasn't consistent . So I am redoing the last 3 weeks. I love the program and easily fits into my life of three kids and full time job.
  • biainny
    biainny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am so happy I found this thread.

I am doing some research about those DVD work outs and wondering which one to get. I read the threads on Weight Watchers and I know someone who got really ripped doing Insanity.

I have a lot of weight to lose and I havent done exercise in forever.

Do you think is realistic for me to do T25? I really want speed up my weight loss.

Any feedback would be truly appreciated.

Thank you!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend T25 first.. I haven't worked out in 4 months and have lost so much of my stamina that there is no way I could do Insanity right now ( I did finish Insanity in June). On T25 when I get tired, I just follow the modifier and then speed up when I can..

Insanity is definitely not a beginner program..
  • biainny
    biainny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend T25 first.. I haven't worked out in 4 months and have lost so much of my stamina that there is no way I could do Insanity right now ( I did finish Insanity in June). On T25 when I get tired, I just follow the modifier and then speed up when I can..

Thank you so much for your input. Yes, Insanity seems to intimidating for me at this point. i think i will do the T25. But Im thinking doing some other exercises for awhile to build up strenght and some conditioning, I am afraid even for T25 I'm not ready at the moment.
  • Calleigh88
    Options

Thank you so much for your input. Yes, Insanity seems to intimidating for me at this point. i think i will do the T25. But Im thinking doing some other exercises for awhile to build up strenght and some conditioning, I am afraid even for T25 I'm not ready at the moment.

Just go give T25 a look to see if you think you're ready, this website has it offered for free:
    Fitspert365.com

You wont be disappointed, its helped me so much.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

I was in the same situation as you. I went with Insanity for financial reasons (had a friend that let me borrow the DVD's), and if I knew anyone that had T25 I'd try to borrow that too lol.

I had not done ANY exercise in at least 5 years, except for some walking that was not consistent. I'm now on Day 7 of Insanity and am LOVING it. I was terrified to try it, worried I wouldn't make it through 5 minutes, feeling like I could fail before I started. But you know what? Even though it is hard, it's made so that you can go at your own pace. I did invest in an HRM (I had high blood pressure with both of my pregnancies), and if I get too far above target I back off and slow down. I can't do all the moves, and I definitely have to stop more often than they do. I was really, really sore in my thighs and calves for the first 4 days. But I love it, and I feel like I have really accomplished something when I finish.

Good luck to you with whatever program you choose!
  • jenmencer
    Options
    T25. Better yet, Les Mills Combat :)
  • Calleigh88
    Options
    T25. Better yet, Les Mills Combat :)

COMBAT is AMAZING ALSO!!!
  • Harry__Hood95
    Harry__Hood95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think if you have the time and commitment that Insanity is the better program. You push yourself harder and burn more calories. I also think that you build more flexibility because you spend more than 90 seconds stretching.

Having said that, if your Insanity DVDs are just going to collect dust because you don't have the time or willpower to do the system than it's a waste of money. T25 is great because you truly do get a pretty good workout in less than 30 minutes.