Body Sculpting

I am just about at my goal weight. Achieved this with daily walks, calorie count and home training. However now I am taking it easy for the holiday season, just want to maintain. But come 2020 I want to change things up. I want to still train at home but sculpt my body... Any advice

Replies

• Do you mean you want to look more muscular? If so you need to look at the lifting programme thread at the top of this forum, pick a programme you fancy and follow it. Almost any of those programmes will be fine if you are new to lifting.
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Sculpt = increase muscle mass + lower body fat

Increase muscle mass = weight training
    Lower body fat = diet

The two processes are generally mutually exclusive (cue the recomp crowd) so must be done in phases.
    swierzbik1 wrote: »
    Add 100lbs to your bench/squat/dealift.
    I also agree with this approach...

• fitnessguy266
    fitnessguy266 Posts: 150 Member
    edited December 2019
    I am just about at my goal weight. Achieved this with daily walks, calorie count and home training. However now I am taking it easy for the holiday season, just want to maintain. But come 2020 I want to change things up. I want to still train at home but sculpt my body... Any advice

I love holiday time OP, and I especially love the time spent with loved ones for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, etc....so much that i tend to have deeper deficits during the week leading up to those holidays (700-1000) just to loosen up a bit and enjoy myself without restrictions. My family knows my passion for fitness and support it, but they also know i will sacrifice to a degree for such events to enjoy the full experience.

The key is to find a non-hindering balance that allows a happy medium.