I want to feel better

vwstacey
vwstacey Posts: 2 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,
I need to lose some pounds so my body feels better.
I had a car accident in 1992 and whiplash so my body shoulders and neck often hurt.
I also don't like how I look. I just finished lunch and am dreaming of bacon,
eggs Benedict, and chips. The commeradity of a support group is a very helpful tool, so add me as a friend.

Stacey

Replies

• tesha30
    tesha30 Posts: 72 Member
    I think we all from time to time crave those kinds of foods... you just have to get in the habit of eating healthy. and although I am not a pusher for eating unhealthy... if you do... just exercise and work those calories back. this site helps so much to track your food intake and calories burned. Just be honest with yourself... dont deprive yourself of something you love... just dont do it all the time. Eating right and exercising is the only way your going to make yourself feel better.

Plus.. there are tons of healthy foods out there that actually taste good. its a lifestyle change. Once you start seeing results.. you will be more motivated to continue. I had my last baby a year ago and gained way too much weight. It took this site for me to drop 7 pounds just like that! I was trying to do that the entire time... but now I have more motivation. Support is good too!
  • asteppaway
    asteppaway Posts: 54 Member
    Sent you a friend request! I'm positive you can do this and you will feel great :) We all have our junk food dreams, it's what we do with them that is important! :flowerforyou:
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    I'd love a breakfast burrito and a latte right now!! Good thing I don't work any where near food establishments:drinker:

You'll find that losing some weight and exercise will make you feel better. I had knee surgery (my second one!!) 3 years ago and I didn't recover well. It was swollen, ached, and I had trouble going up and down stairs. I tried during those years to exercise but it always stopped me. One day last year I said screw it and decided I was just going to do it whether it hurt or not. Well it did hurt, for a while, but I showed it who was boss and now I'm training for a triathlon.:smile:

Determination gets you a long way. Welcome and good luck!!
  • mcbeth
    mcbeth Posts: 53 Member
    Hello and welcome to the group. Aw man....chips....chips and dip. I'm not smart enough to eat sensibly when they are around. I finally quit buying them. Instead of dip, now I love hummus.

Tesha30 is right, there are lots of better healthy and good tastins choices out there. I just finished eating a kiwi. Trying something new every week, you'll be surprised at what you find you like.
This discussion has been closed.