slowly gaining weight

Options
So since probably the end of June I have slowly started to gain weight. I went from 142 now to 147 and sometimes even 150. My eating hasn't changed. My exercising hasn't changed. I'm just as active as I was this time last year. I have struggled to get to 142 and am really wanting to get to 135. The scale hasn't moved in probably a year and now that it's starting too it's going the wrong way. I have eaten 1200 and no exercise calories. I have eaten my BMR from the low end to the high end. I have eaten 1900 and I have done 1200 plus exercise calories. No my diet isn't the cleanest. I eat clean about 85-90% of the time but when we do go out I eat. Any help would be great. My exercise right now is turbo fire. I burn 300-600 calories doing it depending on the workout for the day. Idk what else to do? And before you say it I can't lift weights. I can't afford a gym membership I can't afford shakeology and I can't afford to buy weights for home because of the type of home I live in.

Replies

• zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Have you considered getting your thyroid and other levels checked out? Maybe there is a reason your body is fighting not losing weight?
    Sometimes, I have to take a break from it and then when I go back at it is when my weight will go down again. I know the scale can be so frustrating!
    Complete, side note, but from the pics I have seen you look great. :)
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I have actually considered getting my thyroid checked but someone said there was no point unless it was a significant weight gain and though I feel 5lb in two month is significant others may not.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring everything?

Are you drinking plenty of water? I'm not sure how tall you are, but maybe this is the weight your body likes.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I think you need to take a hard look at your diet. You need to measure & weigh your food, and your calorie intake needs to be more consistent.

But more than that, look at the quality of your foods. I am not a clean eater and enjoy many yummy foods like pizza & ice cream too, but I try really hard to moderate my food choices. On one day (August 4, I think?), you had popcorn for dinner, and snacks were cookies, bundt cake and a slim jim, and your total for the day was under 1000 calories. You have several days where you logged pork rinds (or something of that nature) as lunch.

I love chips, cookies, pizza and the like too, but it's important to eat a balanced diet. I have been known to eat Dairy Queen sundaes as supper, but I don't do it frequently, you know what I mean?

Eat consistently & balanced, measure & weigh your food, keep up with your exercise, and I bet you'll see some changes.
    Good luck!
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    To be honest, I think you need to take a hard look at your diet. You need to measure & weigh your food, and your calorie intake needs to be more consistent.

But more than that, look at the quality of your foods. I am not a clean eater and enjoy many yummy foods like pizza & ice cream too, but I try really hard to moderate my food choices. On one day (August 4, I think?), you had popcorn for dinner, and snacks were cookies, bundt cake and a slim jim, and your total for the day was under 1000 calories. You have several days where you logged pork rinds (or something of that nature) as lunch.

I love chips, cookies, pizza and the like too, but it's important to eat a balanced diet. I have been known to eat Dairy Queen sundaes as supper, but I don't do it frequently, you know what I mean?

Eat consistently & balanced, measure & weigh your food, keep up with your exercise, and I bet you'll see some changes.
    Good luck!

ditto
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Agree with this, even though you are under goal you aren't fueling your body properly. And I understand, there isn't anything that consider taboo but in moderation. Try add fiber to your tracker too. Good luck and Geaux Tigers!
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'll up the fiber. My water is 96-120oz a day. I'm 5'4" tall. Generally I'm a great balanced eater Nd I know it's not an excuse but these last couple of weeks the scale has ticked me off. My inner self is disgusted by what it sees on the scale and I have tried to toss the scale go by how you feel but I still get depressed and so I eat crap foods. Sometimes my logging is inconsistent I don't always log where things are supposed to go. I thought popcorn was a good source of fiber? I'll try better these next couple of weeks and see if there's a change. I have already decided today that there won't be any sweets for me for a long while. Hopefully it helps.