Thera-Gun

Options
Does anyone here have experience with the Thera-gun? If so, can you please tell me your experiences and the details of your use such as how long and how often. What type of training were you doing at the time of use as well.

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    A percussion massager was on my Christmas list. Will report back if Santa thought I was good.
  • MT1134
    MT1134 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    A percussion massager was on my Christmas list. Will report back if Santa thought I was good.

Sounds good. Thank you.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I’ve used a cheaper version - blooming uncomfortable / verging on painful if you have doms but it worked on me. I do weightlifting, and my coach has attacked me with a massage gun when I needed to loosen really tight muscles (QL, delts and lats). Also used post exercise as part of a sports massage. Not a cure by any means but quicker than foam rolling and it works on me 😀
  • MT1134
    Options
    I’ve used a cheaper version - blooming uncomfortable / verging on painful if you have doms but it worked on me. I do weightlifting, and my coach has attacked me with a massage gun when I needed to loosen really tight muscles (QL, delts and lats). Also used post exercise as part of a sports massage. Not a cure by any means but quicker than foam rolling and it works on me 😀

Thank you for your insights on this.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I have two off brand versions coming for X-Mas. One I ordered for my son (who does MMA and has used them and knock off versions for years, since they came out). Then I realized that it was being "drop shipped" from China and wouldn't get here in time for X-mas so got him another one off Amazon Prime. I'll keep the one that will get here late.

He likes the Tim Tam? I have one that's a lot like that coming. The original has a soft ball at the end. I would imagine that's very important. I wouldn't pay what Theragun wants for their product personally.

I'll let you know two reviews!
  • MT1134
    Options
    I have two off brand versions coming for X-Mas. One I ordered for my son (who does MMA and has used them and knock off versions for years, since they came out). Then I realized that it was being "drop shipped" from China and wouldn't get here in time for X-mas so got him another one off Amazon Prime. I'll keep the one that will get here late.

He likes the Tim Tam? I have one that's a lot like that coming. The original has a soft ball at the end. I would imagine that's very important. I wouldn't pay what Theragun wants for their product personally.

I'll let you know two reviews!

@MikePfirrman, thanks. I would really appreciate the feedback from anyone with experience. I just bought one myself and haven't used it but I intend to start using it on my clients however, I wanted to gather as much feedback as possible from a wide variety of people and even products that are close in relation.
  • MT1134
    Options
    swierzbik1 wrote: »
    Doesn't brake scar tissue (no machine does) so pointless. Feels good though. So if you can afford to spend bunch of money on a tool that just helps you with parasymphatetic state - go for it, great for that. But all these other claims you see constantly on adverts of all these guns are pure *kitten* without any science behind them.

That's a good point. However, parasympathetic drive is beneficial to breaking scar tissue so I guess I will take that.

What do you recommend in place of this if not the thera-gun?
  • MT1134
    Options
    MT1134 wrote: »
    Doesn't brake scar tissue (no machine does) so pointless. Feels good though. So if you can afford to spend bunch of money on a tool that just helps you with parasymphatetic state - go for it, great for that. But all these other claims you see constantly on adverts of all these guns are pure *kitten* without any science behind them.

That's a good point. However, parasympathetic drive is beneficial to breaking scar tissue so I guess I will take that.

What do you recommend in place of this if not the thera-gun?

Have looked through the topic but you never mentioned the goal you want to achieve through Thera-gun or even why do you consider the purchase so it would be unprofessional from me to say what to do without knowing the end goal.

I'm asking your recommendation based on you saying that you think it's a pointless tool. What do you feel works better for breaking scar tissue?

You said it was pointless without knowing my end goal so what I took from that was that you weren't likely to use it ever for anything at all. I'm just asking for general feedback.