Do you use your phone to help achieve fitness goals?

Options
I don't have a smart phone, but I have been thinking about finally purchasing one. In addition to being able to use a GPS (I get lost really easily), I am interested in using my phone to help keep track of my running and fitness in any way I can.

Do you use any apps that help you stay on track throughout the day? If so, which ones?

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Well, MFP app for sure.

Endomondo for GPS running tracking (I have to say, GPS run tracking is the coolest invention in running since I started)

A variety of music apps to get me through workouts

and,

Netflix or Hulu for when I'm stuck doing long, boring training runs on a treadmill.
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper to track my walks!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    There are many good apps for fitness. MFP being one. I used Nike+ GPS for run tacking, but there are a lot.
  • whitney_simpson
    whitney_simpson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    mfp, runtastic for running, google mytracks for hikes, jefit for lifting.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I use MFP, GymPact, Endomodo, and RunKeeper for food/exercise as well as Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, and Spotify for tv/music while I'm working out.
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    I use the MFP app as well, I discovered the website after I'd already been using the app for a week, it seems more intuitive than the site.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I actually went back to the fakeberry.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    MFP, fitocracy, runtastic pedometer, Nike Training Club, lolo apps, Migraine Diary, Songza
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Yes!

I use MFP, of course. :bigsmile:

For running I use:
    Nike+
    Runkeeper (also for tracking walking, hiking and other activities)
    Zombies, Run!
    c25KFREE (when I was first starting out)

For workouts at home I use Nike Training Club - free app full of awesome workouts, and I use my dumbbells and kettlebell with that app three times a week.
  • onetoughmudder
    Options
    MyFitnessPal
    MapMyRide+
    MapMyRun+
    InstantHeartRate
    Calories Burned Estimator
    Hybrid Stopwatch (lap counter for running at the Y)

Not to mention all the music apps (Pandora, Amazon Cloud, TuneIn, etc)
  • nino07110922
    nino07110922 Posts: 2,149
    Options
    I use MFP, Nike+ (for my fuel band) and MapMy Hike when I'm outdoors. All are awesome at helping keep track of exercise.
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    MFP, of course, Jefit for lifting routines, Map My Ride for cycling, Map My Walk, Map My Run, C25K, Accupedo Pedometer, Libra Weight Tracker.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Just a HRM, that's what I do - best gadget I've ever bought.

Also, there is Fitbit, Fitbit is really useful for keeping track of steps, calories burnt, etc. Although, a HRM gives you a far more accurate reading of what calories you have burned.
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yup, the smartphone is great. I thought they were kind of silly until my husband got me one. I have an android, but most of the apps cross over.

Runtastic for runs. GPS tracking and the ability to add runs from the treadmill.
    I have Zombies, Run! but haven't tried it.
    MFP for tracking calories.
    EveryTrail for hikes.
    Last.fm and PlayerPro for music.
    Dogcatcher for podcasts and Akimbo for audiobooks. I listen to audiobooks or podiobooks more than anything while I run.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Yup, the smartphone is great. I thought they were kind of silly until my husband got me one. I have an android, but most of the apps cross over.

Runtastic for runs. GPS tracking and the ability to add runs from the treadmill.
    I have Zombies, Run! but haven't tried it.
    MFP for tracking calories.
    EveryTrail for hikes.
    Last.fm and PlayerPro for music.
    Dogcatcher for podcasts and Akimbo for audiobooks. I listen to audiobooks or podiobooks more than anything while I run.

I forgot audiobooks! I use Audible for that.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    You mean for selfies and KIK?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I do, having a data connection makes things so much easier! I've got MFP, Zombies run!, seven, daily yoga, plus a ton of recipe ones.
  • JennOnTheRocks
    Options
    Aside from MFP I use ...
    Yoga Studio
    Map My Fitness
    Map My Ride
    Calories Burned Estimator
    Fooducate
    Pandora
    Netflix
    YouTube
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are so many different apps! I can't wait to get my phone and to get started using the best apps to keep track of my fitness.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I use Jefit to track my lifting workouts, Endomondo connected via blue tooth to my HRM to track calories burned in cardio workouts, MFP to track food, and Fitbit to track approximate TDEE which is synced up to all the other apps.

It has been much easier to lose fat by using the TDEE estimates day to day from Fitbit than generic calculators, and I much prefer tracking my lifting progress on my phone than on a notebook that I have to carry with me to the gym.