Gluten allergy but trying to gain

Any high calorie meals or snacks that are gluten free

Replies

• moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Nuts are the first thing that pop into mind!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Meat, fish, cheese, greek yogurt, more cheese, peanut butter, fruits, nuts, more cheese, bacon, avocado, and more bacon.

Oh did mention cheese?
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Meat, fish, cheese, greek yogurt, more cheese, peanut butter, fruits, nuts, more cheese, bacon, avocado, and more bacon.

Oh did mention cheese?

Cheeeeeeeesssseeeee
  • Cheese def. double cream with a bit of fruit. Delicious and for me, evil. As I can drink a pint of the stuff and still feel hungry.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    All of the above. Sweet potatoes, rice, pasta(black bean is my fave as the rice based ones taste grainy to me), nut butters, fruit with cream, cheese, cream based sauces and soups, fatty meat cuts, nuts as snacks. Mmmmmm, I am finally working on losing again after a long period of maintenance, this sounds so good!!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Trader Joe's has a lot of very clearly labeled gluten free items, including comfort foods like (rice) macaroni and cheese, and snack foods (gluten free cookies). If you have one near you, check it out. The only food items for which there are not gluten-free alternatives are the ones for which gluten is 'mission-critical', like croissants.

Now that you know what was making you sick, you can have diet that looks superficially like everyone else's by buying the gluten free versions of everything you like. Careful not to take it too far or you'll be joining us on the weight loss side of MFP!
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Chickpeas and beans!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I love rice with butter or coconut oil and salt. That's gotta be high calorie, right?
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Pretty much everything has a gluten free version readily available. Cookies, pastries and cakes might be harder to find ready-made gluten-free, but those are the exceptions.
  • sarahstroebel89
    sarahstroebel89 Posts: 1 Member
    Im gluten and dairy free so that is hard to gain weight but am getting there bread is a good weight gainner good luck
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Hello,

I have Celiac Disease and went from being skinny to fat and back down to "fit". I was severely malnourished before diagnosed and it caused me to lose a lot of weight.

To beef up I ate a lot of meat, rice, beans, nuts, cheese, peanut butter, sweet potatoes.

Problem is Celiac Disease actually makes a lot of folks unable to digest dairy products very well too so I ended up limiting the dairy stuff. Bascially, if you eat a high protein diet you will gain weight if you get enough calories and it will better weight than just piling all carbs.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Nuts, rice, beans, cheese, butter,