Best of the worst thread

Options
tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
This thread is to share what's the best thing to order from the least healthy restaurants? Here's mine:
Restaurant - five guys
Order- veggie sandwich...it's actually really good ...best without cheese but tastier with cheese.

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    If you eat shrimp, steakhouses often have that (hopefully not in a soup of butter) and those and veggie sides are a good option.

Subway you can do egg whites as your protein, and go heavy on the veg on their wheat bread without doing much damage.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Subway - I get a 6 inch roasted chicken breast, double meat, on wheat with all the veggies, mustard and vinegar.

450 calories, 39 grams of protein.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Wendy’s
    Chili or plain baked potato or both
  • ctupdu
    ctupdu Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you want a fast food Taco Bell has the Fresco Tacos. The chicken Fresco are 150 calories.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    At the Indian, chicken tandoori, saag paneer or dahl, roti instead of naan.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    For a steakhouse, the safe option is to get a small portion of steak (I think normally the standard "small" is 6 or 8oz) and vegetables on the side. I go out so rarely, though, that I usually just get what I want.

I do that now. I used to get an entree salad until I saw that getting a small steak with veggies is actually fewer calories and more satisfying!