Overate binged today, need advice on what to do next

Options
OKAY so my diary is open if you want to have a look but it's brutal. i went wayyy over today due to binging at my sisters birthday party/ it's a bit of my cheat day/TMI monthly cheat so there are very unhealthy foods in there in the first place.

Besides that! I went over approximately 520 calories and a lot over all my other stuff like carbs fats etc. I don't know the exact amount i went over but it was over time of nibbling at the party. so it's pretty estimated... it could be more or less.

Reguardless, I did do my typical work out and tried to get in a bit more time of running in there but i'm still very much over. It's too late at night now to exercise more since i have work in the morning so here is my question.

Tomorrow is usually my cardio off day and i do weight lifting/squats. Should i do an extra work out this week tomorrow to help even out that overkill i did today? or is it like sleeping, where if you didn't sleep enough last night, sleeping more the following night really doesn't catch you up on sleep.

Let me know what i should do, sort of clean up damage haha. I know it was wrong and now i have to clean er up. So to work out an extra day this week or to just let it pass by and be good from here on? Let me know!! :)

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open. Sorry.

A question: did you "binge" or did you over eat at a celebration?

I see the word "binged" used here a lot and never know what to think.

You say you were 500 calories over... over what? what calorie goal do you have daily?
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open. Sorry.

A question: did you "binge" or did you over eat at a celebration?

I see the word "binged" used here a lot and never know what to think.
    ohh i'll fix that, just a moment. i thought binge and overeat were essentially the same thing o.o ummmmmmmmmm overeat i guess? haha
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options

You say you were 500 calories over... over what? what calorie goal do you have daily?

Over my goal. my goal is 1500 calories a day before exercise. the recommended it gives me on here is 1680 or something like that but i lowered it because i felt like that number was better for me.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Over my goal. my goal is 1500 calories a day before exercise. the recommended it gives me on here is 1680 or something like that but i lowered it because i felt like that number was better for me.
    Got it.
    I'm glad I asked. To me you over ate a bit. I wouldn't blink. I'd just start a new day, move on.
  • Susan111222
    Susan111222 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just had a look at your diary and you still have 500 left not over :) if I was looking at the right place
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    my best advise is wake up tomorrow and start again knowing that each day is a new day. Drink pelnty of water and maybe get in some extra exercise, We've all gone to parties, and we've all had the regrets. Its always best just to know you enjoyed yourself today, and can start fresh tomorrow. GL
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Yep someone beat me to it :happy: Closed diary

520 is not seriously over & one day won't trash or ruin loss progress.

Some people like to do a weekly cal allowance rather than a daily so it evens out across that time frame.

You could do a longer/harder workout if you wanted to - but to go back to 1st point. One day won't effect you.
  • therunninghippie
    therunninghippie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You overate on your calorie goal, which probably means you still ate at a deficit. You won't gain weight. Don't sweat today; you are allowed to enjoy yourself. No need to overcompensate tomorrow: do your regular ol thang.
  • LauraGrove30
    LauraGrove30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree you should just let it go and start afresh the next day. One thing I found that helps is to take a brisk walk after a meal. It doesn't have to be very long but it keeps the foods from turning into sugar and so forth. It was a trick my nutritionist recommended to me when I had gestational diabetes.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    just start tomorrow again, on a good note
    eat clean, drink water, exercise.
    no regrets, no negativity, consider it a treat and that's it.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    This happens to everyone. The key is to not let it sidetrack you or dwell on it. It happens and just move on tomorrow with healthier eating. Some good exercise and plenty of water will help you feel a lot better. But again, dont stress it as it happens to everyone and we all need days like that to remind us what we work hard for. You are doing great so dont let it slow you down :)