Could someone help me out with weightloss?

Options
bellacelina2
bellacelina2 Posts: 92 Member
edited December 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey:) I was just wondering if someone could give me a few tips of something. So ive been struggling losing the last weight, I lost around 17+ kg down to 54, and I find myself getting kinda stuck here it feels like? My goal is 45 kg, which is still healthy for my height, 157 cm (around 5 feet 2 inches.) Do any of you have any good tips to give for going below 50 kg? I´m eating 1200 calories, should I just continue that + cardio then, for instance burning 300 calories from walking? Thank you:) ( My maintaince is around 1500, bmr is around 1300 ) Thank you^^!!!

Replies

• Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Patience, patience, patience.

For small people like us without much to lose, the weight comes off glacially slow.

I started in May at 142.5 pounds (just over normal BMI at 5'3"). Today I hit a new low of 126.0 pounds. Almost 8 months to lose 16.5 pounds (7.5 kg).

I eat between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. Most of my exercise is walking and I average right around 10k steps.

If you aren't using one now, a weight trend app (Libra or Happy Scale) will really help you see that loss is happening when it is slow.
  • bellacelina2
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Thank you bold_rabbit, you are right, I guess patience is the best key to everything! We´ll just continue to be patient then^^ @bold_rabbit, thank you so much for your reply sweetheart!! <3 And btw, greeeat job! youve done really well and im soo proud of you!! We can do this!<3:D

and @psychod787, thank you for your reply! No I don´t have eating disorder history so don´t worry about it:) My why, is because ive hated my body since I was 12, I am now 18 going on 19, ive always felt like I cannot be happy before I can be skinny, and ive had enough of being so chubby, I feel so uncomfortable everydayy! I´m making sure that I don´t have my goals as udnerweight but I do wish to ashieve 45 kg since its my biggest dream!:) If you have any healthy and good advice on how to go under the 50 mark, please do tell kind sir^^! Thank you for all advice you guys will come with!! big huggsesss:))<3
  • bellacelina2
    Options
    Thank you for that psychord, I have heard of it indeed this with hair loss and period, it´s just that I really want to get down to this weight, and if there is a healthy way to do it, I would really like to get advice on it! Because out of desperation I have fallen down to 700 to 1000 calories sometimes, and this isnt healthy and I could lose a lot of muscle, so i´m trying to build up my calories more again, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how I could get down to this weight in a healthy manner:o because knowing my stubborn self, I wont stop until I achieve it haha.. But what you say is 100% true, and I will absolutely keep it in mind, and make sure to do this in a healthy manner:)) Having you mfp palls supporting and taking time out of your days to give tips makes me so grateful, reeeally thank you alot!^^<3 @psychod787
  • bellacelina2
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @Talan79 oooh right, I remember! Thank you for replying to my comment then and now!:D<3 Yeah I get you, it definetly isnt easy, I struggle with a bit body dysmorphia my self, had this huge obsession with my calves being too big since little, I guess this is things that we don´t really get over no matter what size we are. Even if my calves have gone up 1 cm, or down, I notice it on the spot, cuz I stare at them probably 7+ times a day as weird as it sounds ahahaxD I´ll try to not let the scale drive me crazy like you said, its very hard though! Like we talked about in last post, I do want to try to increase calories too slowly!!

You said weigh lifting, and I have actually been considering that! Is it possible to do it at home if you dont have money to go to a studio (as I am a student right now), I have 3 kg weighs (im not strong at all, so thats more then enough for me right now haha) here at home and myself, I dont know if its possible? And another thing im scared of is becoming bulky and muscly, as my goal is to become very lean and slim looking, and have very slim long looking legs:o If I just use low kg weighs, will that help not bulking?

Thanks for your reply sweethearttt:)<33
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Actually your BMI would be 18,3 at 45kg which is not a healthy weight. Currently you have a healthy BMI already. According to several BMI cacluators your lover limit should be no lower than 46 and that means that your target (to accomodate maintenance fluctuation) would be better at 47
    Something to consider
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    You’ve lost a lot of weight. I’d recommend a maintenance break for a few weeks or months while introducing weight training 2-3 times per week. A few months of maintaining your weight might be good to give you the time you need for a fresh perspective on your goals.