Help Me ? With this calorie System

Options
Meshell3786
Meshell3786 Posts: 47 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
So Myfitpal Set my estimated calories to 1200 But when I work out it adds like 900 more calories So I've been shooting for like 1600. I struggle to hit anymore then that I'm I doing this right? I'm I getting enough calories Or should I be eating all those extra calories that its adding?

Replies

• xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine but I'm not an expert & I'm having a hard time just getting to 1200 per day sometimes unless I go out & have a big juicy burger & fries so my advice may not be the best... I think technically you're supposed 2 replace the calories u burn during exercise because MFP calculates exactly what u need 2 lose weight & 2 keep enough calories in ur system 4 ur body 2 function correctly...
  • newlife888
    newlife888 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have never followed the myfitness pal calorie system, I think it is confusing and somewhat misleading. I use this free tool http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm . You tell it your weight, age, gender, exercise level, and it tells you how many calories you would need to eat to maintain your weight, or lose weight. There are 3 formulas currently used to determine appropriate caloric consumption, and you get to pick which one you'd like to use. I have been using this calorie calculator for 2 years and it has been really helping me on my weight loss journey. I hope that it can help you just as it has helped me.
  • Meshell3786
    Meshell3786 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls! I do like that calorie counter It showed 1569 So right on track for the middle :)
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Yes, trust that outlandish-sounding figure and depending on whether you've been pooh-poohing the rest of what you do in a day you might need to bump up your activity level as well. Bodies create backlash if you cut back too fast.
This discussion has been closed.