Confusing Gym Equipment

Options
You guys, what is this thing?? I've always wondered but at Anytime Fitness there's no one there to ask.02yh0c02nh9b.jpg

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    It’s a forearm/wrist trainer. You grab the handle with the rope/weights hanging, then twist the handle to “roll up” the rope and lift the weights.

It’s also a big PITA to the people working at the gym because people who use it always leave it lying on the floor like this and never take the weights off, roll it up, or put it away. Half the time, they are too lazy to use the little weight tray and just thread the rope directly through the holes in the weights, which makes the rope wear out more quickly. As someone who tried to maintain a clean weight room, I hated this and all the people who used it.

• go52182
    go52182 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! Ok! I understood what you described but I went to YouTube to see, also. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Yes, it's always laying around in this corner of the gym and has weights on it. I really don't understand why people don't put things back from where they got them. Not only is it good gym etiquette it's something our parents taught us. Well, most of us I suppose.