Belly fat skin pouch?

Options
Yoga? Pilates? Sit ups? Crunches? How the heck do I tone this? I'm not sure if it's skin or fat but I want it goneeeeeeeeeee! :( I'm like skinny fat. Do I need to drop more BF for it to go away? I'm 112lbs, 5'3"

Replies

• failingforward
    Options
    The best way to work your core and tone it up is to build muscle.

Instead of just doing situps and crunches, doing a full ab workout once a week, incorporating both body weight and weighted exercise.

A routine might go something like:

Barbell ab roll-out on knees
    Mountain Climbers
    Ankle Biters
    Cocoons**
    Weighted situps (on decline bench for good burn)
    Air bikes

Usually I try to spend one minute on one exercise, and if I start struggling at around 40 seconds, I'll stay in the range of motion but go slower. Its also great for measuring progress to see if you can do more next time.

(** Don't know if they are actually called cocoons, that's just what I call them. Where you lie flat out on your back with arms at full stretch above your head and then bringing your knees up and arms down; making sure both your lower back/glutes, and shoulders come off the ground.)

When working your core it's best to remember that there are lots of different muscles which contribute to different areas of strength. Such as your siatic muscles down the side, lowers abs and upper abs.

Good luck :)
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    The best way to work your core and tone it up is to build muscle.

Instead of just doing situps and crunches, doing a full ab workout once a week, incorporating both body weight and weighted exercise.

A routine might go something like:

Barbell ab roll-out on knees
    Mountain Climbers
    Ankle Biters
    Cocoons**
    Weighted situps (on decline bench for good burn)
    Air bikes

Usually I try to spend one minute on one exercise, and if I start struggling at around 40 seconds, I'll stay in the range of motion but go slower. Its also great for measuring progress to see if you can do more next time.

(** Don't know if they are actually called cocoons, that's just what I call them. Where you lie flat out on your back with arms at full stretch above your head and then bringing your knees up and arms down; making sure both your lower back/glutes, and shoulders come off the ground.)

When working your core it's best to remember that there are lots of different muscles which contribute to different areas of strength. Such as your siatic muscles down the side, lowers abs and upper abs.

Good luck :)

Ahhh!! Thank you so much! I shall research on these workouts! Hopefully these work on me. I seriously need some toning!
  • CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump for me and my belly!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Reading your history and looking at your pic, I think that's loose skin. You lost a lot of weight pretty fast so that's what you end up with. It's still better than having the extra weight. Unfortunately, you can't "tone" loose skin. The good news is that you're young enough that it will likely pull back eventually.
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    Reading your history and looking at your pic, I think that's loose skin. You lost a lot of weight pretty fast so that's what you end up with. It's still better than having the extra weight. Unfortunately, you can't "tone" loose skin. The good news is that you're young enough that it will likely pull back eventually.

Damn loose skin. I was afraid that was it. Hopefully it catches up soon! :( I thought I'd be confident when I lost the weight but that pouch right there kind of brings me down.

Thank you so much for the reply though!
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    my tummys abit like yours at the bottom but Iv had 2 kids within 18months so mine is most likely loose skin. It doesnt look bad from the side but you can see the saggy bit from front view. Im adding ripped in 30 and kettlebell exercises to my routine and my lower tummy has definitely gone down and tightened up abit, try weights and strength exercises if you can
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    my tummys abit like yours at the bottom but Iv had 2 kids within 18months so mine is most likely loose skin. It doesnt look bad from the side but you can see the saggy bit from front view. Im adding ripped in 30 and kettlebell exercises to my routine and my lower tummy has definitely gone down and tightened up abit, try weights and strength exercises if you can

How long did you see the change? I will definitely try those out. Thank you!