Nintendo switch adventure ring fit

Options
Hi all has anybody managed to lose weight using this...I'm looking to start using this with healthy eating looking for abit of advice and reassurance this will work

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Neither exercise nor “healthy eating” guarantee weight loss. Weight loss happens when you consistently eat fewer calories than your body burns. You can ensure a calorie deficit by weighing and logging all your food. If you are following MFP’s calorie goal, then it already has a deficit built in, so you should be eating back exercise calories and not using them to create a larger deficit.
  • leil31
    leil31 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not sure on that comment but t.y
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    What @apullum said is what My Fitness Pal is all about... the whole “program” revolves around a calorie deficit - with or without exercise, with or without junk food. And for me it has worked well and is sustainable! I eat chocolate and French fries, and as long as I fit it into my daily allowance it keeps me on the right track. We had an impromptu out of town stay (going to visit someone 6hours away who sadly passed away before we made it) and even with little to no physical activity and eating nothing but crap food for 4 days (fast food and funeral food “gifts”), mindfully tracking to the best of my ability kept me on the right track versus a total derailing.
  • apullum
    Options
    leil31 wrote: »

What are you unsure about?
  • wenrob
    wenrob Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    As has been mentioned keeping a calorie deficit is what will work.

If you are looking to start getting movement into your day this could be a fun way to do it. Way back about 10 years and 89 extra pounds or so I started using the Wii Fit. A very mild seven minute game would have me winded and wanting to die but within a month or so I was maxing out the hardest games and looking for more structured and harder workouts. Did it help me lose weight? I was burning more calories than I had been but I was also eating a lot less than I had been. Had I been eating the same I’m not sure it would have made much of a difference. What it DID do was get me off my butt and moving. That in turn gave me the confidence to keep going. It wasn’t intimidating so it helped push me in the right direction. Maybe it could do the same for you.
  • leil31
    Options
    apullum wrote: »

It was the calorie thing I'm wanting to lose weight and body mass....and fingers crossed this works
  • apullum
    edited December 2019
    Options
    apullum wrote: »

It was the calorie thing I'm wanting to lose weight and body mass....and fingers crossed this works

Fat loss is caused by a calorie deficit (eating fewer calories than your body burns). Any plan that causes you to be in a calorie deficit consistently will lead to fat loss. However, if you just add new exercise and make no other changes, you will probably not be in a calorie deficit consistently.

If you follow MFP’s calorie goal, then a deficit is already built in. By weighing and logging all your food, making sure to get as close as possible to your calorie goal without going over, you are guaranteed to be in a calorie deficit. You won’t need to just hope for one. Do that consistently over time and you will lose weight.

In other words, your plan might work, but there’s a simple way to be certain it will work.
  • leil31
    Options
    Thankyou