Thick waste - how to slim up?

Options
FIRSTLY - it should be waist! Sorry ppl, I'm not sure how to edit the title!!

Okay so, I would not by any means consider myself really overweight but in pictures I definitely look thicker around the waste area. I don't neccessarily want 6 pack abs (while that would be fabulous), how can I look thinner though? Is it really just the fat on top of my abs that makes me appear that way? Is there anything aside from cadio/ab/core work that I can do?

Last time I checked my waste was a 28, which compared to my hips is a lot smaller, but from the side I always look fat!!

HELP! :frown:

Replies

• MissAmandax
    Options
    Does anyone know how I can change the title or delete this & make a new post with the correct title? Lol
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Drink enough water so that your body doesn't hold onto sodium. Also, consider sticking to only 1800 mg of sodium a day. Kind of difficult to do, but again, it will take care of the "bloat".

Finally, mix up cardio and strength training and working on your core. If you need any ideas for what exercises to do, feel free to message me.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Cut processed carbs if you are eating any. Drink lots of water!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. You just need to lower your body fat and it will eventually come off the waist area. I know my middle is the last to go and the first to come back.
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I looked because I was wondering why you had thick poopies.
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    ZUMBA!!!

It's such a fun workout, and with all the *kitten* shaking and hip swinging, you'll chisel yourself a waist in no time! :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    hahah.. i did the same thing.
  • MissAmandax
    Options
    Hahah thanks everyone for the good advice! I'm sorry about the title! It was a total slip, I wasn't even thinking - and once I caught the error it was too late & now I can't fix it so I apologize!
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    First of all, don't do side bends! I see people do these all the time in an attempt to reduce their waist. These make your waist thicker. Also, doing a lot of oblique work will make your waist appear thicker (any twisting or side to side movements).

Having 6 pack abs would be wonderful wouldn't it? For women, a rule of thumb for revealing abdominal definition is to get your body fat under 14%. Men need to be under 10%.

The only thing you can do is burn fat. Unfortunately, we can't tell our bodies where to lose fat either. I recommend strength training also. If you burn fat to the point that your waist is where you want it to be, you may find that you are still unsatisfied with the appearance of your stomach and possibly the rest of your body.

Like the others mentioned, eliminate processed foods. They are your belly fat's best friend. Hope this helps.
  • katie54321
    katie54321 Posts: 18
    Options
    hahah.. i did the same thing.

LOL! Me too!! Do situps!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: