Morning workouts

Options
I've recently started switching over to morning workouts (easier pool access, and guarentees I get a workout in). I feel like I have a lot of wasted time between getting to the gym and back. I've been trying to organize my stuff the night begore and I have a snack cup of unsweetened apple sauce before I leave the house.

Does anyone have extra tips to improve morning efficiency, and/or how long has it taken people to adjust/switch to the morning routine? Getting up and energized doesn't seem to be an issue.

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Prep is key. Have everything you need packed the night before. I will sometimes even sleep in my gym clothes the night before, that way all I gotta do is hit the bathroom, get a drink and head out. I might have a snack on the way. If I have to go to work I have my clothes packed the night before as well.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I found going to the gym before work to be tricky for me to pack and get ready. Working out at home first thing is better (for me). I only pack workout clothes to lift or run after work now.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I place my clothes out the night before. Then I just need to brush my teeth, etc and I'm out the door. I usually drink a coffee and / or a pre-workout on the way to the gym. It's pretty efficient and once you're in the habit.
  • SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Luckily my gym is only about five minutes so most of my post workout can luckily be done at home. Most of this disorganization and time suck at the gym does seem to be related to swimming.