It’s a New Year! Who else needs motivation?

Options
I was doing so well tracking and eating, and had even lost about 7 lbs or so over the past month and a half. But the last week I have failed miserably to stick to any sort of plan. I start out tracking in the am, then by nightfall I’m way overdoing it with junk and left over stocking chocolate 🍫. I know, I know.. it’s okay to mess up here and there. But in the past I’ve always been a roller coaster with my eating. I’d lose weigh, get to goal.. then eventually put the weight back on plus some. So today.. I’m tracking again. I threw out the junk and I’m getting serious.. again. I just need encouragement, as we all do when we have doubts about ourselves and don’t stick to the plan we had originally. I need accountability. I’m not stepping on the scale for the next couple of days. I’m forgiving myself, and moving on. It’s a New Year!

Replies

• Ar_cervantes
    Ar_cervantes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I couldn’t have said this better myself! You can do it girl one day at a time. I’m working on not letting a small slip derail me. I tend to be an all or nothing type which has cause serious ups and downs with my weight. Feel free to add me for support!
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    This is me!! Over the last couple of years I lost really well, but when I slipped up, it was always in the evening after a busy day and I just wanted to binge watching telly. Usually something sweet.

I started off throwing away all chocolate and sweet things, but it made it worse. I had to train my mind to acknowledge that I can have something sweet, but only if it fit my calories for the day. So I'd have one lindor ball instead of the whole box!!

It's a long process but you can do this! You've done it before so you know you can :D
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I’m right there with you too! But it’s a new day, new year, new decade .... new commitment. I know I’ll falter again and again. But today, at this moment, I’m gonna try to get back on track. It seems like it’s always one step forward, two steps back... in just going to try to reverse that... two steps forward, one step back. We can do this!!!
  • keepmelean
    keepmelean Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It can be a difficult time of year once Thanksgiving rolls around. For some, food seems to continuously come out of nowhere - most of it high calorie.

It's good to enjoy but at some point (not sure where, myself), it's overload. Keeping 'things' in check can be a challenge.

Forward is the only way to go.