Looking for “Tried and true” “Crave” worthy recipes for Pregnancy

Options
TheMuse
TheMuse Posts: 3 Member
I’m looking for some ideas that are best for pregnancy. Some challenges I have to overcome are that I’m not getting enough calories eating the foods my doctor says. I’m anemic, and struggle with vitamin absorption, I need meals/snacks that are lower glycemic due genetic insulin resistance. Please only post helpful recipes or snack suggestions. Negative comments or arguments aren’t appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It will probably be helpful if you state what your particular cravings are, so that people can give you suggestions to match those.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Also, did your doctor have some reason specific to your medical history for recommending certain foods? Are there things he wants you to avoid or to try to get? Maybe it would be better to ask him for a referral to a registered dietician, preferably one with expertise in pregnancy diets and any specific issues you might have. No one on here is qualified to contramand your doctor's orders.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Yes, without any specifics as to what kinds of foods you're currently eating, and what kinds of foods you actually like to eat or are craving, it's tough for anyone here to make any meaningful suggestions.

I also second having your doctor refer you to a registered dietician, as you appear to have some specific issues that need to be properly addressed by a professional. :)
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I second the request for ideas on what you are craving because pregnancy cravings vary drastically from person to person! For the first part of my first pregnancy I was so nauseous sometimes the only thing I could stomach was potato chips and lemonade :D Or anything you just can’t stand the taste or smell of? Mine was pork - still have moments where I just can’t eat it.