Is it weird?

Replies

• isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Is it weird I listen to murder/crime podcast when I run in the woods?

This would creep me out!

Well, ya...it does creep me out. I've yelled a few times at random runners and sometimes those murderous squirrels :#
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    Is it weird that I won't eat squash or eggplant because I don't like their names

No. I don't eat Muesli for the same reason.

I also dislike that they call homemade soda biscuits "cat heads" in deep MS.
  • TarryTaffy
    Is it weird that I have a hard time sleeping when my closet doors are open?

Nope. Too many childhood tales of bogeymen.
  • TarryTaffy
    ythannah wrote: »
    Is it weird that I don't like letting my food touch? Each needs its own pile on my plate. No mixing!

No! Those posts upthread about syrup on meat were making me a little queasy. If I have eggs with pancakes the eggs get eaten first so they don't touch syrup.

Exactly. But, they're all in the weird section. We food separaters are normal... normal, I say.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Is it weird I still have about 20 gifts to still deliver? For the record Texas is a pretty big state and people are spread out.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Is it weird that I can’t think of anything weird I might do?
  • TarryTaffy
    AriesFL wrote: »

Nope. Other's people's weird stuff is weird. Ours is normal-weird. :smile:
  • AriesFL
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

Nope. Other's people's weird stuff is weird. Ours is normal-weird. :smile:

Yea lol. I don’t really think of anything I do as weird. The only thing that popped into my mind right now is I do cold showers to help with muscles soreness after the gym.

• TarryTaffy
    Is it weird that I won't eat squash or eggplant because I don't like their names

Cat heads? Wtf

The term comes from a biscuit being as large as a cat's head. But, the 1st time someone asked me if I wanted one, the stunned & horrified look on my face made everyone laugh out loud.

Conversely, I try not to turn off people at the b'fast table.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Is it weird that I've lived in my house for 7 years and just took my first shower there (instead of a bath) a month ago...
  • TarryTaffy
    edited January 2020
    Is it weird that I've lived in my house for 7 years and just took my first shower there (instead of a bath) a month ago...

Nope. I love baths, usually take 2/day.

Just rented a new apt & even though I noticed there's a shower only, I dismissed it. 3-wks later & I'm thoroughly distressed that I'll need to wait for 12-mos before I can find an apt with a bath.

Enjoy your tub!
  • AriesFL
    Baths are the best
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Is it weird that I don't like letting my food touch? Each needs its own pile on my plate. No mixing!

No! Those posts upthread about syrup on meat were making me a little queasy. If I have eggs with pancakes the eggs get eaten first so they don't touch syrup.

Exactly. But, they're all in the weird section. We food separaters are normal... normal, I say.

Oddly enough, I grew into my food separating with age. Therefore, it's clearly a sign of maturity, not weirdness.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Wait, we do? I live here and have never heard that once. Biscuits is biscuits.
  • AriesFL
    edited January 2020

Oddly enough, I grew into my food separating with age. Therefore, it's clearly a sign of maturity, not weirdness.

source.gif
  • TarryTaffy
    edited January 2020

Wait, we do? I live here and have never heard that once. Biscuits is biscuits.

My apologies if that's not statewide. The people I knew (ex-bf's family & extended family & friends) said it was a "southern thing", so I assumed it was a deep Delta MS thing. No harm meant & I'm glad to hear that's the case... asking someone if they want a cathead for b'kfast is unsettling, at best. Didn't help that they weren't nice people, so I took their b'fast suggestions literally.

Thanks for the clarification, CG. :smile:
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member

It might be denial🤣🤣
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Is it weird that every time I think of MS I instantly picture the Awful House w/grease dripping off of everything & people w/out full sets of teeth (true story).

No offense @CanesGalactica & @TarryTaffy