Is MFP Premium worth the cost?

Options
2»

Replies

• princesswarrior1116
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies! I found your comments interesting and helpful :)
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I got premium so I could set up different calorie goals for different days of the week. It can be very useful if, for instance, you want to plan for fewer calories on weekdays and more calories on weekends. I don’t use that feature currently, though.

I do love the ability to designate a calorie goal for each meal, but I’m not sure if that’s a premium feature, or if it’s in the free version?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I got premium so I could set up different calorie goals for different days of the week. It can be very useful if, for instance, you want to plan for fewer calories on weekdays and more calories on weekends. I don’t use that feature currently, though.

I do love the ability to designate a calorie goal for each meal, but I’m not sure if that’s a premium feature, or if it’s in the free version?

You can't allocate a specific number of calories to a given meal in the free version (I mean, you obviously could have a goal in your head to adhere to, but MFP won't know about it and won't tell you if you're over or under).
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

You can't allocate a specific number of calories to a given meal in the free version (I mean, you obviously could have a goal in your head to adhere to, but MFP won't know about it and won't tell you if you're over or under).

Ok, thanks for clarifying. So then I would say yes, premium has been worth it to me, because I love having the meal calorie goals right there, alongside my actual meal calories logged. I’ve set mine up as Breakfast 30 (black coffee only), Lunch 400, Snack 220, Dinner 550, and Late Night 350. That gives me my total of 1550 for the day.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    If I could see that paying for Premium was actually supporting making improvements to the core functionality of the site and apps, I'd consider it. Obviously, the site and apps appear to be getting more brittle and less functional as time goes by. Things like per meal calorie goals are worthless to me, especially if the basic search and logging functions are getting worse instead of better.

I've also developed an immunity to iocane powder and website banner advertising, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Handy if you are going up against a sicilian and death is on the line.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Try using the database if you are 8n a non-us country. Thank goodness for barcode scanning. It's a lifesaver for me.

I'm sick of the app freezing everytime I start it, but I'm happy to wait the few minutes. And thank goodness I get free WiFi at work, cause the data thing was infuriating when I didn't.