Zombie run - is it a good idea?

phillinnz
phillinnz Posts: 82 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I am wondering about getting zombie run either for the treadmill or for when I am out and about. Keen to know what other users think. Thanks.

Replies

• pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Get it! I have it, and it's tons of fun. I don't always use it, but it's entertaining when I want to mix things up a little.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    I keep hearing about this - what is it?
  • I got it and was a bit disappointed, to be honest. It's a really good quality production with clever voice acting and story, and I really liked the premise. But when I took it out running, the actual interactivity felt lacking. i couldn't really tell what was going on, and my running didn't result in any noticeable difference in the outcome. That part seemed to need work. Having said that, I didn't really use it to the point where I'd accrued much useful stuff, and I'm not sure how allocating those things to the buildings affected anything. Maybe I needed to play it more. But ultimately I think I'd rather just stick with podcasts and music. Your mileage may vary (which I guess is literally the point!) and it's certainly not bad. It's just one of those things which may or may not be "for you". If nothing else, as HumAlong said, it's another option to choose from to keep you from getting stale.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    It's not without it's niggles and flaws, but did it make me run more often and enjoy running, anxious to run again even?

Yes.

There's a group on here. Think what else you could get for the money? Not a lot. I recommend using the GPS, I've not used the treadmill option so I can't comment on that, I just know that GPS was fun, and checking out where I'd been and what happened during the run was cool.

Make a playlist with all the songs you think you will be good for running on your phone, and then you can select that for your phone to play during your adventures.

PRO TIP! - If you've got chases on (recommended), don't run when the story says to, run when the 100m warning sounds. The app just checks whether you slow down past a certain point or not, rather than calculating a fictional zombie chase. So if you're at a crossing or the bottom of a hill, you're probably going to get caught.
  • https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

It's a somewhat interactive audio play game app thing that tells the story of you in a zombie apocalypse. It tells you where you're going and what you're doing, int he context of a story, and occasionally you get chased by zombies, and it uses your GPS data to tell if you outran them or died a horrible death or whatever. And outside of the running, you can allocate the items you find along the way (more running = more items) to defending your base. I don't really know what that does. But it's intended to be a fun distraction and motivator and do for fitness what World of Warcraft does for sitting in a chair scarfing down Doritos and Mountain Dew.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

It's a somewhat interactive audio play game app thing that tells the story of you in a zombie apocalypse. It tells you where you're going and what you're doing, int he context of a story, and occasionally you get chased by zombies, and it uses your GPS data to tell if you outran them or died a horrible death or whatever. And outside of the running, you can allocate the items you find along the way (more running = more items) to defending your base. I don't really know what that does. But it's intended to be a fun distraction and motivator and do for fitness what World of Warcraft does for sitting in a chair scarfing down Doritos and Mountain Dew.

Ha, brilliant, thanks.

Tbh it sounds like good fun, I think I might actually give it a go.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    I use it every second day - I love it!
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Haha, it sounds fun. Is it for new runners, improvers etc? I've just been heading out for 40 mins, walking the first and last 5 mins (as warm up and cool down) and running as much as I can in the half hour between. At the moment, I am at 21 minutes of none stop (and very proud of this lol).

Would this be any good for me?
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    I did the 5k training app and it was awesome.
    It taught me to do a 5k and it was fun to do.
    I couldn't wait to get out for the next part of the story.

I have the full zombie app now and it's also fun.
    I don't use it as much as I did the 5k trainer, but like others said, it's something I use to change up my routine.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    I enjoy it, but mostly walk and only tend to run when I get told Zombie hoard 100m. I am a little 'scared' of running during the normal part, as to evade the mobs you need to speed up from your current pace as I haven't come even close to figuring out the 'slow jog' yet.
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    I've been working through the 5k app and I love it! I can't wait to get running and hear what's next. It took me about a week to get some of the technology issues worked out (not my strong suite). Make sure you sign into zombie link before you start running and I had to figure out the music player. Since then, I've had no problems and have made a huge improvement in my stamina.

Good Luck!
  • phillinnz
    https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

Ha, brilliant, thanks.

Tbh it sounds like good fun, I think I might actually give it a go.

Hey, this is really funny but useful. Thanks v
  • phillinnz
    This all looks encouraging. I think my teenage son might like it too. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
  • phillinnz
    Sorry. Failed to quote
This discussion has been closed.