Hello All-Looking to Get Healthy Again and Looking For Proven Tips

Options
BWGMFP
BWGMFP Posts: 8 Member
edited January 2020 in Introduce Yourself
I'm a 47 m, and I have really let myself go over the last few years. I know what I need to do and have a background in fitness training (from a long time ago). I just cant seem to get myself motivated with all of life's distractions. I came into 2020 at 260 pounds and my goal is to leave 2020 less than 200 pounds and in excellent shape.
I'd love to hear your tips that lead to successful weight loss.
I look forward to meeting other people to share this journey. Here's to an awesome new year!!!!

Replies

• Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    MFP, accountability, and lots of water.
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Tracking on MFP is the biggest thing for me. I didn't cut out any specific foods or food groups, just tracked it all. Meal prepping (which is my case is just tossing some meat, veggies, and maybe some grain or starch into a microwave-safe container) for my lunch at work is also super important for me since my office has a kitchen stocked with snacks that I would normally graze on all day instead of eating a proper meal.
  • BWGMFP
    BWGMFP Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I started tracking meals the last few days using MFP. I've been focusing on egg whites and veggies for breakfast. Chicken and brown rice for lunch, meat and veggies for dinner and snacking on veggies and lunch meat. A few sweets were snuck in, but mostly because I'm very sick with a cold. Overall, I'm trying to get used to eating much less food than what I was eating before tracking my food. Surprisingly, 1800 calories goes real fast if you are eating junk food. Something I wouldn't have noticed had I not started using MFP to track my food intake.