Aldi shopping meal planning

Options
Has anyone got any shopping lists for healthy meals made with ingredients from a UK Aldi store?

I'm 36, 5"9, and 11st 5lb, mother of 2 young children, and a keen gym goer. I'm looking to lose a stone over 2 months and want to do most of it through improving my meal choices.

Please suggest some ideas/meals/shopping ideas for me :=)

Replies

• littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Really it depends on what you like to eat.

I like the falafel, olives and sundried tomatoes in oil in the fridge, the flavoured hummous....

It's endless really, you will find all the fruit, veg, rice, quinoa, meat products etc that you would expect to in any supermarket.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    That's difficult thing to ask. Not all Aldi stores carry the same things and there's no way to know what you like. However, high protein+ a lot of veggies and moderate amount of carbs is generally a good idea.

For a woman that's basically a palm sized piece of meat, fist sized carb (rice, quinoa..ect), thumb size of fat and however many veggies you want.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I like their pork loin with potatoes and carrots roasted, lean ground beef for patties with a big salad, chicken for a baked chicken , different flavors different times, like 30 garlic clove chicken, lemon butter, lemon with a dry packet of Italian dressing mix, or covered with onions.
    The last time I shopped there, I bought a bag of stir fry mix, sauce included, but no meat. It was very good, but I should have added meat. (I am definitely a meat eater.)
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has meal plans with foods from Aldi's.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    14 lbs ie 1 stone in 2 months is more then is realist for a woman who is only 159 lbs.
    You are already at a healthy bmi at that point aim for no more then 0.5 lbs a week or 4 lbs in 2 months