Beginning again after spine cancer

Options
Hi everyone!
I am here looking for encouragement. At 49 (2 years ago) I used MFP combined with weight training and cardio to drop from 166 to 142 in 2017 and was working on my goal of getting under 140 and keep going. I felt fantastic, back in a size 4 but mostly wanted to be healthy as a role model for my 3 teenage kids. Unfortunately in May 2018 I developed back pain and was diagnosed with lymphoma in my bones and particularly in my spine in June 2018. I was bedridden that summer and had 6 rounds of chemo till Oct 2018. I am in remission and it took me 2019 to recover as I still have a lot of back pain.
2020 at 51 I am back at 166lb and am going to gradually do physical therapy and attempt to watch my weight.
The irony was the oncology doc said I was in great shape going into having cancer!
So my goals for 2020:
Lessen my pain, hopefully come off pain killers.
Reduce my pain so I can get on a plane for a great beach holiday!!
Follow my physical therapy goals and get back to a good level of fitness.
Lose weight, I would love to finally get under lb140!

I would love to hear from anyone else getting back on the fitness wagon after a very serious health setback. I am so glad to be alive and want to be as healthy and energetic as possible!
We can do it 😁

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow, you've been through (and are going through) a lot. Welcome back, and good luck. :flowerforyou: