Trying to keep pushing

Options
5’2, 154lbs after having my son who is now 1.5.

I’m only day 4 in and I know you don’t see results nearly that fast but it’s killing me.
We’re going to California in 6 months so that helps with motivation but I’m struggling to keep getting up in the morning to do my 30 minutes of cardio and to do another 30 in the evening.

Any tips and motivation

Replies

• 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You might want to cut down your cardio to just once a day for 30 minutes for this first one or two weeks. As long as you're in a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. After you adjust to your calorie restrictions, add the two times a day cardio back in and see how you feel. Here are two of my tips: (1) Take your body measurements now so you can see in actual numbers any changes you've made in two months. (2) Consider measuring your food on a food scale so your calorie intake is accurate. Oops - here's a third tip: think of this as a game. Every loss of a tenth of a pound is a win. But every gain is not a loss - it's just information that maybe yesterday you ate too much salt or you need to go to the bathroom! You're going to see some results pretty soon, trust me!
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    :)
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Take preworkout and then you can’t not workout!
    When I workout regularly, I feel like a bad *kitten*. Do you get that? I like to pick a tiny goal and work towards that. Once upon a time, I wanted to be able to do 10 pushups at once. Now, I can do 100 in a day. That tiny goal definitely became something!
    I *try* to balance my macros and eat unprocessed food... day 5 and still doing pretty decent with it. It makes the calorie restriction seem easier.
    I heard a pod cast that it is smart to focus on what you have instead of what you can’t have.
    Pretty fruit bowls over plain Greek yogurt normally make me feel happy about my life choices.
    Meal prep can make things easier when you are too busy for counting all the time.
    What is YOUR motivation for weight loss?? Are you trying to get into a tiny bikini for your California trip?