OMFG -- Please tell me this is a joke

Options

Replies

• pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Oh, there it is again! An ad for wedding dresses!

How did that get on there?

Edit: actually they are for something called a "mother dress".
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    that's not a joke. I just plugged in my exercise calories from the workout. I'll post from my wall

cranshinibon burned 99999999k calories doing 5 minutes of Robo Pong (EXTREME)

science.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I was just excited that it comes with free balls.

i do too... I have never found that to be a great selling point, though
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options

But it seems like everywhere I turn around town, they're selling ping pong balls. I some some at the grocery store yesterday. My 7-11 has a whole supply of them. Is there a new fad of playing ping pong?
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Who the frick cares? Does it really make your life that much more horrible to have a small spot on the site taken up by an ad? It's not like you HAVE to click it. Or, maybe you SHOULD click on all of them...I'm sure the MFP creators would appreciate it, that is how they make moeny to keep this site up and running, and make it so that it's free for you to use...

I have no problem with the ads whatsoever. But it's the robo-pong that seems rather silly to me. The ads I ignore, And I'm glad they are here to help support MFP. But would anyone spend $1k to buy robo-pong? Is table tennis making a huge comeback? I don't know anyone who has one in their house. But maybe it's just me.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I alos get adds for lumosity, I use the site(lumosity), why are they advertising it to me?
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Firefox + adblock plus. :D
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I no longer notice the ads I have to admit. I never click on any of them either, except for once, I accidentally clicked on one for a car.

I haven't seen any robo-pong one.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

But it seems like everywhere I turn around town, they're selling ping pong balls. I some some at the grocery store yesterday. My 7-11 has a whole supply of them. Is there a new fad of playing ping pong?

Two words, buddy: Beer Pong.
  • Making_changes7
    Making_changes7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you use google chrome you should install the 'AdBlock' app. It blocks all ads for every site. I haven't seen any of the ads you're talking about. It's aweseome!
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Did anyone one else have this little beauty in an ad at the side of their MFP pages? A link to selling Robo-Pong? As a great fitness device. Better than going to the gym. I couldn't watch more than a few minutes, but it's a full half hour video. And for almost a thousand bucks, you too can have one. Are they nucking futs? Great. Now that'll be at the side of my MFP windows for a long time. I still can't get rid of the damned Brazilian Butt Lift ads because I clicked on a discussion about that once. Thanks MFP for rotting my brain a bit more:

http://www.newgy.com/?gclid=CO_j3a_HibkCFYuk4AodU3cAcg

I see what you did there OP posting the link. I will not share your pain! I am however interested in learning (seeing) more about Brazillian butt lifts...
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Meh.
    I use an ad-blocker.

The ads are based off of what you're searching for..so there is that.

Yup.
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Two words, buddy: Beer Pong.

@JenandSome I sink 'em, you drink 'em :drinker: :smokin:
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Ad Blocker Plus FTW!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Count your blessings. My wife commented to me about wanting to go to the Island Atlantis on a cruise. I started searching around for "Atlantis Cruises" and the like.

Now, for the last three months, my MFP, Facebook, and Pretty much every other site with Ad banners displays 5 shirtless guys and the tag line "Join us on Atlantis, Europe's hottest gay cruise".

What does the internet know that I don't?
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'd love an advert on robo ping-pong!

For some reason I've got a Government advert on TV licensing in Arabic! Absolutely *no* idea why it's in Arabic (I don't speak it so don't go to Arabic sites) or why the UK Government are griping about needing a TV Licence in Arabic.

Ooooo it's ok....now I have fluffy bunnies who want to eat All Bran. I bloody hate All Bran; you may as well sit behind a shredder with your mouth open and get someone to feed through cardboard.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Meh.
    I use an ad-blocker.

The ads are based off of what you're searching for..so there is that.

Search/browser history is only a portion of the equation, but ABP is my friend also.

+1 @ ABP
  • pmcruz47
    Options
    I don't even pay attention to the ads. But, it wouldn't surpise me that they post stuff like that. :laugh:
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I get no ads (firefox).

I'm on Firefox via droid but see ads.:grumble:
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Another reason I love Ad-Blocker on Google Chrome!
    No Annoying Ads EVER!!