BenchpressingBurgers

Options
benchpressingburgers
benchpressingburgers Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All,

Happy New Year!

I have now joined myfitnesspal to use it as a tool to support my weight loss goals. I am a 30 year old man who weighs approx 180kgs and have over the past two years been trying to better myself mentally, physically and emotionally.

This all started two years ago when I realised Im probably going to die soon when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in August 2018 and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea in September 2018. So I started by giving up smoking in October 2018 by changing to vaping. In May 2019 I threw my vape away for good. In July 2019 I decided that I was going to start losing weight and decided to start a weight loss program.

So far, despite the lack of weightloss. This has been pretty successful in my opinion. I am far more mobile than I have been in years, I enjoy working out and going to the gym. I have gained more confidence and have lost inches just not lbs.

2020 is now the year for me to lose weight! Now I am going to heavily focus on my diet rather than believing I can just 'run' the weight off.

i appreciate all support and guidance, and I am always happy to help others!

Regards

Tom

Replies

• spiraltone
    spiraltone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep it going....

Saw your name and was ready for recipe gains
  • mrsmeganharding
    mrsmeganharding Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Congrats on living a healthier life! I look up a LOT of inspirational quotes on Pinterest to keep me going. It seems like you and I have similar in that we like the gym and my goodness if THAT was the way to lose weight we woul,d be THIN! Unfortunately an hour at the gym each day is only 4% of our day- which is what we tell people who can't make the time to workout! But, with that being said, that leaves 96% of our day still needs healthy choices - sleep and proper nutrition. "You can't outrun a fork" and "Abs are made in the kitchen" - not that I am actually expecting abs - are some of my favorite quotes that keep me going.
    I am SUCH a food addict and need so much accountability I finally hired someone to help me. She is a coach at the gym I go to but she helps me on a whole new level. Really she messages me several times a day to check on my water in take, asks me about what I have had to eat, makes sure I am staying on track with my plan. I send her my weight twice a week, measurements once a week, and progress pictures monthly. She is my cheerleader, and will give me some hard pep talks when I am struggling. Since eating better and drinking more water I have more energy and my skin is clearer.
    I am looking forward to following your journey.