What to eat after workout

Options
So essentially the gym is a scary part of my weightloss, and while I managed to go and lose weight last time, I feel like a complete noob again.

I wanna make sure I'm doing it right and fueling my body after an hour at the gym.

What should I eat/drink :)

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    The importance of post workout nutrition is overrated. Make sure you are getting a good amount of protein throughout the day. You don't need to eat within a specific window after exercise, despite the myth.
  • BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I agree with MikePTY
    I like the have eggs after I work out or a big southwestern type salad loaded with protein
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry after a workout, you should eat something that fits within your calorie goals.

If you’re not hungry, you don’t need to eat after a workout (but you’re welcome to eat something if you’d like and you have the calories for it).

You don’t need to suck down a protein shake or some sort of smoothie right after a workout (or ever).

As long as you’re meeting your nutritional goals (vitamins/minerals/protein/fats/etc) in whatever you’re eating the other 23 hours a day, you'll be fine.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter.

Eat what you want and when you want such that you are most able to stick to your nutritional goals for the day.
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! :D