My first powerlifting meet (Photos!)

Options

Replies

• PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I just got the New Rules for Lifting for Women and your story really has helped push me to begin. Congratulations.
  • AynzL
    AynzL Posts: 40
    Options
    WOW! I enjoyed reading your story! Thank you for sharing and congrats on your wonderful accomplishments!!!! You should be proud!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    holy *kitten* you are a badass

damn!!
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Oh Em Eff Gee. :love:

You are one epic bada$$. I have been lifting for 18 months but moved from dumbbells to barbells only yesterday--in order to lift much heavier on a stable platform and not an exercise ball anymore. We weigh almost the same but dayam, I want to lift as heavy as you did!

Thank you for the inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options
    bad@ss!! great job
  • samaxe3720
    Options
    Too Awsome
  • Itlnchk
    Itlnchk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!
  • alatoyajones
    alatoyajones Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Wow
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You are the cutest Bad A** female! Love your post!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Loved reading this, you are awesome.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and inspiring. I imagine a commerical deal for you in the future. Thank you so much for sharing!!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • jilldooleyrandall
    Options
    Earlier this year, I made a goal to compete in a PL meet before my 50th BD in December and started training mid-May. Now I have the application form and have been sitting on it for several days, because I am TERRIFIED to officially commit. lol I really needed to hear what you had to say about your first meet experience, and even about your mistakes with the commands -- something I'm really nervous about doing myself. I'm not thinking I'll be setting any records - there's weight classes but not age classes, so that's strike one - but at the same time, I also don't want to go into it and fail miserably. Since my goal was just to train and compete, I guess I need to give myself a break and just do it! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • sleevedinseattle
    Options
    Awesome story. And I remember Nikolai was very happy that Monday. :)
  • ChiJenn
    ChiJenn Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is so awesome!! You look great. Good Job!!!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Great pics. Inspiring; congratulations!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Shows that lifting won't make you bulky and on top of it makes me smile as i wear chucks at the gym and people look at me like wtf lol
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! I am thinking about competing as a power lifter and reading your story is very encouraging. Keep it up!
  • weirdgirlsrcool
    Options
    Congratulations!!! This was great to read because I want to start powerlifting. I was reading the rules and it sounded so confusing. You made me feel like it's still a great idea. Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!