Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My first powerlifting meet (Photos!)

Replies

• AynzL
    AynzL Posts: 40
    WOW! I enjoyed reading your story! Thank you for sharing and congrats on your wonderful accomplishments!!!! You should be proud!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    holy *kitten* you are a badass

damn!!
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Oh Em Eff Gee. :love:

You are one epic bada$$. I have been lifting for 18 months but moved from dumbbells to barbells only yesterday--in order to lift much heavier on a stable platform and not an exercise ball anymore. We weigh almost the same but dayam, I want to lift as heavy as you did!

Thank you for the inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • bad@ss!! great job
  • Too Awsome
  • Itlnchk
    Itlnchk Posts: 19 Member
    GREAT JOB!!!!
  • alatoyajones
    alatoyajones Posts: 96 Member
    Awesome job!! Wow
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Great job!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    You are the cutest Bad A** female! Love your post!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Loved reading this, you are awesome.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    You are awesome and inspiring. I imagine a commerical deal for you in the future. Thank you so much for sharing!!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Congratulations!
  • Earlier this year, I made a goal to compete in a PL meet before my 50th BD in December and started training mid-May. Now I have the application form and have been sitting on it for several days, because I am TERRIFIED to officially commit. lol I really needed to hear what you had to say about your first meet experience, and even about your mistakes with the commands -- something I'm really nervous about doing myself. I'm not thinking I'll be setting any records - there's weight classes but not age classes, so that's strike one - but at the same time, I also don't want to go into it and fail miserably. Since my goal was just to train and compete, I guess I need to give myself a break and just do it! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Awesome story. And I remember Nikolai was very happy that Monday. :)
  • ChiJenn
    ChiJenn Posts: 97 Member
    Wow, that is so awesome!! You look great. Good Job!!!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Great pics. Inspiring; congratulations!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Way to go! Shows that lifting won't make you bulky and on top of it makes me smile as i wear chucks at the gym and people look at me like wtf lol
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    You are awesome! I am thinking about competing as a power lifter and reading your story is very encouraging. Keep it up!
  • Congratulations!!! This was great to read because I want to start powerlifting. I was reading the rules and it sounded so confusing. You made me feel like it's still a great idea. Keep it up.
  • 19wilson88
    19wilson88 Posts: 30 Member
    Wow! Impressive! Mind if I friend you? I'm just starting Stronglifts 5x5 (and I'm in the Pacific NW too); your lifting is inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!