How to get over a marriage breakup

Hi everyone my name is jackie and im new here ..So everyone knows after a breakup comes so all the emotions which we think will go away if we just taking him/her back but I've decided not this time , I've joined the gym , enrolled on a college course and downloaded this fitness app . It's time to find me again and I think this is a good place to start . New year , new you !!

Replies

• Mov3mor3
    Mov3mor3 Posts: 96 Member
    It's the realization that they were not a good fit, and you have more searching to do. Losing weight and getting in shape can build confidence, but they are not solutions to finding love. It's really the inside that counts in the end.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    accepting that it wasn't to be, and that there's something better? I don't know, I've never been in your shoes (and I hope I never am!)
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Congratulations on taking a healthful approach to dealing with this. I wish you better luck in love in the future.
  • TatdBirdNerd
    TatdBirdNerd Posts: 10 Member
    Congrats on your new chapter! I too am divorced and it was one of the most challenging and painful decisions I've ever made... You never go into a marriage hoping it will fail, so when the pieces just don't fit anymore, it can be a really gutting wound sometimes. I don't regret my divorce! I'm a much happier, healthier person than I used to be and making that tough decision afforded me a lot of opportunities in life that I wouldn't have had otherwise. Make 2020 all about you! GET IT GIRL!
  • paulaturse
    paulaturse Posts: 7 Member
    I have been where you are....it's not a great place to be, but it IS a chance for you to find you again, which is the first step in moving forward with your life. Best of luck to you!