Reasons I over-eat

Options
Over the holidays I had a revelation. I came to realize for the first time in about 3 years why I've been gaining so much weight over that time span. I've gained about 20 lbs in the last 3 years. I HATE my job! I sit in a tiny cubicle and basically talk to no one for days and days and days on end. My only friend has become the snack machine or the fast food restaurant that I visit at lunch. I have been eating almost constantly for the past 3 years! I can't quite my lousy job for another 2 years at which time I'll retire but I can change how I react to the job now that I've become aware. I've begun bringing my daily food from home. Breakfast is 1 hard boiled egg and two tiny oranges. Lunch is a yogurt or salad or lean cuisine. Snack is a yogurt and banana. I am tracking every bite I take in MFP. I also joined a gym! Now I have something in my day to really look forward to. I leave work, go home have a cup of homemade 100% vegetable only soup to stifle my appetite. Then I go to the gym! I've discovered group workout classes are a great way to be motivated. Tonight, spinning! I can burn 550 calories by spinning with the group for 45 minutes. Its hard but somehow I enjoy it anyway! I need to stick with this plan and not visit the snack machine ever again! No more of those chocolate muffins or chips!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Have you seen "The Devil Wears Prada"? I once had a boss who was a Colombian male version of Meryl Streep's character. He once sent me looking for 100% cotton socks like Elaine on Seinfeld's boss Mr. Pitt, and other impossible errands. I also had Miami rush hour traffic to and fro and am still traumatized by similar traffic to this day, 15 years later.

Glad you found ways to make things better!

cute-hug-meme-1.jpg
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    What great insight! So glad you've found things to concentrate on and enjoy to make up for those challenging times at work. You're creating a life! Good on you.