Looking for a walking partner

Options
alex6278
alex6278 Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone! I’m a sporadic walker looking for a walking partner interested in walking several times weekly. I live in Northern KY - about 10 minutes south of Cincinnati, Ohio. Just to be up front I’m a physically challenged person and am unable to power walk although my past walking experiences have shown me that the more regularly I walk the stronger I become allowing me to walk more quickly and for longer periods of time. If anyone lives in the area and is interested reply here. Thanks!

[Edited by MyFitnessPal Staff]

Replies

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I'm from Northern KY :) My sister and my mom call each other and walk together on the phone even though my mom is in NKY and my sister in Columbus
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Do you have a community facebook page you could look for fellow walkers? I connected with two neighbors that way, and we hold each other accountable
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think you will have better luck finding people in a local group. If there is a park with walking trails near you there might be a Friends of the Park group that could be a good resource.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    You could also consider a virtual walking partner. Someone you can talk to on the phone while you walk simultaneously but not in the same physical location.