Keto diet

Currently on keto , ate an egg with coconut oils and bacon at 7 in the morning , at 6 at night I just ate a fillet with about 5 green beans and a bit of squash, everytime I eat around 6 on my sencond meal of the day I start to feel completely tired ... Why must that be ?

Replies

• luvfit3
    luvfit3 Posts: 44 Member
    I do not know what makes you tired....are you eating foods that give you enough energy. Even on keto you need enough fuels to keep the body going since you do not have carbs to depend on to give off energy.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Currently on keto , ate an egg with coconut oils and bacon at 7 in the morning , at 6 at night I just ate a fillet with about 5 green beans and a bit of squash, everytime I eat around 6 on my sencond meal of the day I start to feel completely tired ... Why must that be ?

You have no food in you. Food is fuel & you are not fueling enough...that would be my guess.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,039 Member
    You are not eating enough ...also make sure you get more salt like 3000 mg to 3500mg...
  • Abby369852
    Abby369852 Posts: 6 Member
    Abby369852
    Are you pacing yourself and drinking your WATER, and appropreate PROTEIN ?
    "As a general rule of thumb, the sweeter the vegetable is – the more sugar it has in it. You have to be very careful with the amount you consume from things such as carrots, onions, and squash. You'll want to avoid acorn squash at all costs. Though the fall favorite has highest fiber count, it has approximately 20 net carbohydrates per cup, which is way too high for most keto dieters. Comparatively, butternut squash has just about 15 net carbohydrates per cup, making it acceptable for some keto dieters."
    BUT, hey, sleep is terribly important TOO....
    When I get done exercising and limiting dietary intakes I'm often slap worn out for alittle in need of a short NAP...
    I also find if I am not getting enough sleep at night I do not fair well the next day.. But BALLANCING my dietary intake and daily activities with Protein and Water sure help me during periods of (CARBS) & calorie food restrictions. YES, I too have found that If I consume too little or too much it effects my entergy......And weight loss
  • Toffee80
    Toffee80 Posts: 8 Member
    I’m new to the keto. I’m vegan also. How do I go about doing a keto diet? How do you figure out the carbs and other stuff. Do you look for net or total? Please help
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Toffee80 wrote: »
    I’m new to the keto. I’m vegan also. How do I go about doing a keto diet? How do you figure out the carbs and other stuff. Do you look for net or total? Please help

Go to Carb Manager and it calculates net carbs for you...also go on YouTube and watch Dr Berry...he is an MD who walks you through the Keto diet. He promotes healthy Keto not all the bacon & cheese you can eat version. The thing with this diet is unless you are highly disciplined and can incorporate it into your lifestyle it is not a magic pill...you will lose weight if you follow it correctly, but it isn't highly sustainable if you socialize unless all you friends are doing Keto. You will take weight off but unless you stick with it, the weight will come right back if you go back to old habits after losing the weight. Hope it works for you.
  • Toffee80
    Toffee80 Posts: 8 Member
    Lorrainequiche59 thanks a lot