Workout fear/anxiety

Options
2»

Replies

• nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    This exact same thing happened to me!! I went from being super active in the gym, to never going. I gained about 20lbs and all the muscle and tone was gone! I was in horrible shape. I got to the point where I felt like I had to lose some weight before I went to the gym (ironic really). I forced myself to start going again though. At first I said just once a week. Just get there, and leave when you have had enough. Then I added an extra day, or an extra 10 minutes and before I knew it all the anxiety went away and the gym was my happy place again! It also helps to go at off times instead of rush hour. I would try at those times and need to leave within 25 minutes. I still go during off hours because my schedule allows it. Good luck! You’ll be able to do it too!
  • jdh419
    jdh419 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this but I am so happy to read this! I use to just walk right in and not even think about what anyone else was doing. Now I notice a lot more. I don't want to offend anyone but some of the guys in the gym are horrible at gawking at the girls! Also I think with all the phones in the gym people film each other. More than one time I was positive I was being filmed. 😳🤔😥
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    jdh419 wrote: »
    I hate to say this but I am so happy to read this! I use to just walk right in and not even think about what anyone else was doing. Now I notice a lot more. I don't want to offend anyone but some of the guys in the gym are horrible at gawking at the girls! Also I think with all the phones in the gym people film each other. More than one time I was positive I was being filmed. 😳🤔😥

Excuse me, but you don't think they gawk and film outside the gym? Like, for instance, at the beach?