Everyone talks about creepy guys at gym, let's hear those stories of ladies being, well creepy.

Options
tony56pr
tony56pr Posts: 141 Member
edited January 2020 in Chit-Chat
Ok, I first want to say I understand women get harrassed everywhere they go. Shouldn't be that way. I'm a firm believer in communication, if someone is giving you unwanted attention, speak up and if it continues then we are talking about harrassment. Anyways, this is mainly about women at the gym that do things that are kind of creepy, no man would be able to get away with it that's for sure. And again, I've never complained, because it dont happen that often.

So I'll start this off, I was at the gym, when her and her BOYFRIEND walked in. Minding my own business on a bench doing skull crushers. In the middle of my 3 or 4 set, when suddenly, she bent over, putting her chest over my face (like she was standing to the side of me, and then her chest was like 3 inches from my nose, and I was on the down portions so was stuck) (she had them covered) and started doing bent over rows. Not like she didnt have room somewhere else to do this and i was, like I said, in middle of my set. I finally wiggled out and started moving away when she told me I didnt have to move...

Not that this matters, she was attractive. However very inappropriate behavior especially since only words she ever said to me is "you are fine where you are, I dont mind" to which I thought to myself "I do"

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Low EQ. Completely oblivious to the feelings of others . Sorry that happened to both of you, Joey and Tony.
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    A girl told me she was having her period and that is why she smells when we were in spinning class
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    OPs definition of harassment misses the mark. You shouldn’t have to tell a stranger to get their breasts out of your face.

Also OPs example is gross and wrong but not scary or threatening. If it had been a dude dangling his junk over the bench it would have been more comparable.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Well said Tarry.

Fortunately, I never experienced this in gym. Most people just mind their business.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    Well said Tarry.

Fortunately, I never experienced this in gym. Most people just mind their business.

I find that, too... the vast majority are fine.

But there's always at least 1 in the gym or locker room... the girl who never seems to work out but struts around naked for hours & appears to follow some around. You can leave & return in 2-hrs & there she is, or come in on different days/times & wow, where does she find the time to strut the locker room every single day for hours... I've had male friends tell me similar stories.

Living in the inner city most of my life, out of necessity, I've perfected my 'don't even try that nonsense with me' look, so these types normally slink away when confronted. But, you're also fit & 6'3", lol. I'm guessing fewer would attempt to bother you.
  • jacktherower
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    People, male & female, know when they're being inappropriate. They get off on other's shocked reactions, akin to an 80s "streaker" who races passed the masses on a football field, in the hopes to distress as many people as possible.

As a woman, I've always hated the men who take an aerobics/yoga class & plant themselves in the rear right of the room... always, always the same position. My feeling is he wants the best view of the entire class of women bending at a 90-degree angle for his pleasure., mainly judging from his pervy smirk & weekly desire to take said position when being the 1st in the workout room every single time. Why is he allowed to retain that station... put him front, right of the class, instructor. I stopped taking classes for that reason alone.

BTW, I was an aerobics instructor for several years... that didn't happen in my classes as I shifted people around, when necessary.

And, alternatively, being in the locker room can be a nightmare unto itself. I can only recount stories of male friend's experiences, but some women like to strut & flaunt their nakedness, akin to Freddy Mercury on stage, in front of anyone & everyone available, too. I have had to tell women to back the F up & stop leaning/reaching over me as I was at the sink area... they ran for the hills & it never happened again.

Message... speak up. I don't care why you're being an exhibitionist (take that weirdo behavior home), but if you're making me uncomfortable, man or woman, I'm going to speak up.
    Tarry do you have a cliffs notes version of this, darling
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    Well said Tarry.

I find that, too... the vast majority are fine.

But there's always at least 1 in the gym or locker room... the girl who never seems to work out but struts around naked for hours & appears to follow some around. You can leave & return in 2-hrs & there she is, or come in on different days/times & wow, where does she find the time to strut the locker room every single day for hours... I've had male friends tell me similar stories.

Living in the inner city most of my life, out of necessity, I've perfected my 'don't even try that nonsense with me' look, so these types normally slink away when confronted. But, you're also fit & 6'3", lol. I'm guessing fewer would attempt to bother you.

Probably. I just mind my business and say a hello. Than again I very rarely go into locker rooms. When I did have a paid gym membership. I just worked out and went home. So that help avoid any weirdness. I always seen my fair share of locker room weirdness from sports.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    People, male & female, know when they're being inappropriate. They get off on other's shocked reactions, akin to an 80s "streaker" who races passed the masses on a football field, in the hopes to distress as many people as possible.

As a woman, I've always hated the men who take an aerobics/yoga class & plant themselves in the rear right of the room... always, always the same position. My feeling is he wants the best view of the entire class of women bending at a 90-degree angle for his pleasure., mainly judging from his pervy smirk & weekly desire to take said position when being the 1st in the workout room every single time. Why is he allowed to retain that station... put him front, right of the class, instructor. I stopped taking classes for that reason alone.

BTW, I was an aerobics instructor for several years... that didn't happen in my classes as I shifted people around, when necessary.

And, alternatively, being in the locker room can be a nightmare unto itself. I can only recount stories of male friend's experiences, but some women like to strut & flaunt their nakedness, akin to Freddy Mercury on stage, in front of anyone & everyone available, too. I have had to tell women to back the F up & stop leaning/reaching over me as I was at the sink area... they ran for the hills & it never happened again.

Message... speak up. I don't care why you're being an exhibitionist (take that weirdo behavior home), but if you're making me uncomfortable, man or woman, I'm going to speak up.

I don't know what that means. Are you complaining?
  • jacktherower
    Options

I don't know what that means. Are you complaining?
    Never. Muah 💋