Restarting- but it's so freakin' hard! 120lbs down, 50-70lbs to go.

Options
Han_Han
Han_Han Posts: 32 Member
edited January 2020 in Motivation and Support
In 2018 I lost 120lbs/54kg using MFP, eating 1200-1500 calories and gradually adding exercise. When I started this journey at 340lb/154kg, I couldn't stand for 5 minutes before feeling hot, sore and uncomfortable and I could barely leave my house (or car if I made if that far) due to fear of judgement and social anxiety.

I've since joined a gym which I attend 3-4 times weekly. I've been in maintenance for about a year, however, for the last 5 months or so I have been gaining and losing the same 3kg/7lbs. Recently, I've started noticing some of my old habits slipping back- portions increasing, boredom eating, mindless snacking and trigger foods have entered the building- bread, chips and chocolate have always been my go-to (emotional eater, binge eater) but, they're not my friends when I'm unmotivated!

Would love some people to chat to for motivation, accountability and support while I get back into weight loss mode. I'd like to lose another 50-70lbs/22-30kg this year and want to get out of this 3kg/7lb gain/loss cycle.

Please feel free to add me or message me :) Also open to SC friends.

Lowest weight: 210lb/96kg
Highest weight: 352lb/160kg
Current: 220lb/100kg
5'2, New Zealand

Replies

• Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! Food logging and portion control is tough but it works. Embrace the maths!
    I started at 224 and am now 197. My goal is 150 but I got to that many years ago so am not sure I can get there again but am going to try.
    Christmas saw a couple of pounds find me again but I am back on it now.
    I have an open diary so you can see my meals 😁
    I am 50 and 5’6 ish 🤣
    Based in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
  • JeepingAround
    JeepingAround Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Be proud for how far you have come already and keep trying to use that as motivation for the big push towards your next goal. Everyone hits a wall. If you can get through that wall you will feel sooooo good about it! Find something that can get you re-focused and not drift back to old habits. By the way I have hiked all over the South Island and that might be the most beautiful place on this planet. Love NZ!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    You can do this, you knew to come back and get back in the groove again. I started at 305, I am now at 226. Final destination not totally sure. Right around 165ish, I am 5'9" and 61.

There is a monthly challenge for losing 5lbs each month, I have been on that every month and have found it very helpful. You can aim for more or even less. But I like that accountability.

You have done a sensational job thus far. Keep it going!