Share your breakfast please.

Options
I am looking for quick & easy high protein, veggie breakfasts- other than 2 eggs on toast, for busy work mornings. Please share.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Not a veggie breakfast but high protein. A Greek yogurt parfait with raspberries, slivered almonds & Fiber One sprinkles. I pack breakfast and lunch before going to bed. I put the yogurt and berries in a covered container, refrigerate. Measure nuts & Fiber One in a snack size container. In the a.m. I stir them together.

This week I'm doing a batch of steel cut oats (made with milk). I portion it out for the week and refrigerate. I re-heat, then stir in powdered peanut butter and maple syrup. Overnight oats with yogurt might me another option.

Skinny Taste has a number of breakfast casseroles with veggies. Vegetable fritata. Cut into portions and freeze. Re-heat in the a.m.

It doesn't have to be breakfast food. Perhaps a salad with grilled chicken.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burrito...lots of recipes around could have it with eggs, cheese, beans, steak. Can prep some in advance.

For egg variations:

Hardboiled eggs with avocado, cheese, tomato on toast. I buy a balsamic salad dressing and a dribble of that on it is great.

Google Ina Gartner (Barefoot Contessa) omelette for 2. She uses bacon but I sub in ham or sausage.

And yeah that is the other option, ham or sausage and toast.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Veggie but not vegan; a cup of Heritage Flakes cereal and a single-serve container of Oikos Triple Zero Greek yogurt, mixed together with a bit of sweetener. Or oatmeal with oat bran, chia seeds, flaxseed and/or nuts for additional protein. I sometimes skip the chia seeds and nuts and mix in Protein 4 Oats (a Pescience product) instead.
  • coconutface
    coconutface Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This has been my go-to breakfast lately. The greens just make me feel so energized for the day, the ginger is great for digestion and metabolism, and the protein keeps me full. Highly recommend!

1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
    1-2 kale leaves
    1 large handful of spinach
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 tablespoon ground flax seed
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    2 cups almond milk

Blend in a high speed blender or vitamix and voila!
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    @TeaBea thanks- high protein spin on overnight oats- like that. I prep as much as possible on a night too.

@its_cleo thanks. I've had breakfast burrito at a motorway service station but not at home. Quorn (plant protein product) make "bacon".

@whmscll thanks didn't think of adding those to boost the protein.

@coconutface thanks- that's very different from anything I've tried.
  • moomooatrice
    moomooatrice Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the mostly the same thing every morning. One slice of whole wheat toast with hummus (2 tablespoons). T
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry- didn't realize you needed veggie! Lots of other good ideas though
  • coconutface
    coconutface Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're welcome! If you're interested, I have a vegan blog page at https://hubpages.com/_byo04nuvsnjw/@lovelydaytreasures where I share a lot of different recipes and other ideas. I'm going to be posting one soon on a tofu scramble that I've also been enjoying having in the morning lately. It's not as weird as you might think lol I do have a recipe up for an out-of-this-world guacamole, so if you're looking to switch it up a bit you could try having that along with scrambled eggs. When I wasn't vegan I would scramble a few egg whites, throw some guac on a warmed spinach wrap, add in the eggs and maybe some pan fried turkey. That's also a good option if you're on the go because you can easily prep the ingredients ahead of time and warm them in the microwave. Plus the wrap is easy enough to eat on the road if you need to.
  • RachellaJ
    RachellaJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My favorite scramble of the moment that is delicious and not boring, is 2 eggs with sautéed onion, mushrooms, green bell pepper, 1 small red potato that I prick with a fork and microwave for 2-3 minutes before dicing and adding to the pan (to speed up cooking time) and cubed jarlsberg light Swiss cheese that I fold in at the end so there are yummy cheesy bits instead of it melting completely in to the eggs. It’s so good and super filling. At 460 calories, it’s one of my higher calorie breakfasts, but perfect for a busy work day when I know I won’t have time for lunch. I also use 10 grams of butter to cook the vegetables, and 50 grams of cheese, because I love butter and cheese, but you could use less if you want to cut the calories, and it would still be great.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Not veggie as in vegetable based but no meat, my current fav is 40g of oatmeal with salt/pepper and a splash of milk, throw 2 runny eggs on top and some shredded cheese (I do 18g but you do you). It's savory and filling. I had never had savory oatmeal before and now I'm obsessed ;) Sometimes I'll do a fruit side but I think roasted brussel sprouts would be amazing too.
  • justanotherguy2020
    justanotherguy2020 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Two pieces of toast with half an avocado smashed on each slice. Sprinkle on garlic salt and you will be feeling satisfied for hours to come!
  • MonaLisainCT
    MonaLisainCT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I whisk together whey protein isolate (unflavored, 20 g) and Benefiber (2 tsp), then blend in 1/2 cup homemade soaked-walnut-milk & chia gel, and 1/2 cup homemade milk kefir. Then I pour all that over 41 grams of generic Cheerios and 22 grams of raisins. Plus my cuppa coffee with 1/2 tsp sugar and 1/4 cup milk.
    Works out to be 560 calories, 66 g carbs (16 g fiber), 33 g protein and 21 g fat (most of the fats come from the walnut milk / chia gel, so are mostly poly- and mono-unsaturated, so I don't stress over them).
    I know it sounds weird, but it's a deeply satisfying combo.
  • Blooperss
    Blooperss Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do overnight oats mixed with water and yogurt. In the morning I add either a banana or handful of strawberries. Always super filling!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    This morning I was craving pancakes so....

2 Servings of High Protein Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Chip
    48 grams of creamy Peanut Butter
    2 Servings of Log Cabin Syrup
    2 cups of coffee with creamer

Total calories: 977 calories
    Total protein: 39 grams

Perfect breakfast for full body weight training today! (or take a nap! haha)
  • Gregzy182
    Gregzy182 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Toast with Peanut butter and banana..
    Really filling and gives me loads of energy
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Another smoothie--continuing to experiment with the banana and peanut butter combo, but added some strawberries this time, and of course the usual veg too.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Not a veggie breakfast but high protein. A Greek yogurt parfait with raspberries, slivered almonds & Fiber One sprinkles. I pack breakfast and lunch before going to bed. I put the yogurt and berries in a covered container, refrigerate. Measure nuts & Fiber One in a snack size container. In the a.m. I stir them together.

This week I'm doing a batch of steel cut oats (made with milk). I portion it out for the week and refrigerate. I re-heat, then stir in powdered peanut butter and maple syrup. Overnight oats with yogurt might me another option.

Skinny Taste has a number of breakfast casseroles with veggies. Vegetable fritata. Cut into portions and freeze. Re-heat in the a.m.

It doesn't have to be breakfast food. Perhaps a salad with grilled chicken.

I pretty much eat this nearly every morning. Sometimes I use Kroger's CarbMaster Vanilla cups if I want something different than Greek yogurt. I just use whatever berry is on sale that week, almonds, granola, and chia seeds. If I use plain Greek then I will usually add some honey for sweetness.

You can also make eggs cups. They work great for fast breakfasts. Make them on Sunday, then reheat when you want to eat them. You can pack a lot of veggies into them. You can also roast some veggies up on Sunday (sweet potato, onions, and peppers is my favorite mix) then make an egg scramble or omelet.

Another favorite of mine is avocado toast topped with an egg.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Another smoothie -- my avocado was finally ripe enough, so this one had avocado.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    This week has been Greek Yogurt with 1/4cup mixed nuts or 2TBSP of Granola. Of course Coffee too. It holds me up till 10 or so.
    Veggie breakfast is Veggies and Cheese Egg muffin. I just make it on the weekend and bring with me to work.
  • losnmymind
    losnmymind Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been sauteing sliced brussel sprouts, mushrooms, and cubed sweet potato in some coconut oil. Move them off to the side and fry two eggs in the same pan. It's so good and keeps me satisfied all morning.