Ran my first 10k!!!

Been running 5ks very now and then. But this morning I decide to challenge myself and I did it!! Let’s reach our goals people!

Replies

• Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Congrats.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Congratulations! Next step a half marathon?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    ricmtz wrote: »
    Been running 5ks very now and then. But this morning I decide to challenge myself and I did it!! Let’s reach our goals people!

Congrats!

Nice Effort.

.... Don't Get Cocky.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I remember doing that one time lol. I was really proud too. Well done.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Amazing! Running any distance is something to be ridiculously proud of. A 10k ain’t no joke either.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    That first 10K is a great feeling. See you at 13.1 :)
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Congrats! 10K is my goal distance.
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Well done! It is a great feeling, that first 10k (so's that first 5k, that first running for 5 minutes...)

Makes me want to go strap my running shoes on :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    congratulations. :)
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    I won't be a quick to congratulate you. While it is awesome that you ran 10k it can also be foolish if you've never run more that 5k to suddenly double your distance. While I encourage you to run longer (half marathon?) I caution you to take it easy. Get a good plan and don't over do it. Unfortunately, running injuries just sneak up on you when your body is stressed.

Good luck.
  • jonsek
    jonsek Posts: 50 Member
    Well done. How long had you been running before that. I started running beginning of Dec and managing a 5k per week + other activities a couple of other days. It still hurts so much, I’m hoping it will get easier soon. Congrats 🥳
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    for the newer runners, follow a plan. you won't hurt so much and you will lower your risk of injury. :)
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    jonsek wrote: »
    Well done. How long had you been running before that. I started running beginning of Dec and managing a 5k per week + other activities a couple of other days. It still hurts so much, I’m hoping it will get easier soon. Congrats 🥳

Running should not hurt.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    jonsek wrote: »

If your running hurts, then something is wrong. Exactly what is wrong depends on what hurts.