Friend Requests

Options
SwannySez
SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
If you ever get a notification that I have sent you a friend request (FR) but can find no actual FR? It’s probably that I have a potty mouth and cannot refrain from including bad words.

But as long as we are here, how would you write a FR? What’s one of the best you have ever gotten? What’s one of the worst?

Share the trials and tribulations of MFP bonding with the class here.

We won’t bite...much.

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    One FR here has become my best friend❣
    I am lucky!

I was so excited to see it, because I admired their mind!
    :heart:
  • SwannySez
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    One FR here has become my best friend❣
    I am lucky!

I was so excited to see it, because I admired their mind!
    :heart:

What did they say in their FR? Or was it blank and the sheer power of their posts had you in thrall?
  • SwannySez
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    One of my friend requests has become a close friend. We've been chatting daily since like 🤔 October. I don't remember exactly what she said but it involved weight lost and the daily grind type of stuff. She my unofficial life coach, skin care coach, fit inspiration. She also drives me f*cking crazy sometimes 🙄. LoL I've made a few good friends here.

I guess the worst was when some dude asked me for pictures of my feet, junk and under arms and he said he'd send me pics of his gf 🤷🏻‍♂️.

In fairness? His GF was pretty *kitten* hawt.
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    If you ever get a notification that I have sent you a friend request (FR) but can find no actual FR? It’s probably that I have a potty mouth and cannot refrain from including bad words.

But as long as we are here, how would you write a FR? What’s one of the best you have ever gotten? What’s one of the worst?

Share the trials and tribulations of MFP bonding with the class here.

We won’t bite...much.

All the nice ones are pretty good. :) Couldn’t pick one.

The worst came from a creepy fetishist. I’ll skip the actual message because I’m pretty sure it would get the post flagged, but suffice it to say it involved food, and made d pics seem tame.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Dearest hopefully soon to be freind,

I am writing you today to request an audience with your excellency to be considered for part of your court. Your posts on the boards are the most exquisite and I would hope to behold that benevolence daily or as frequently as you sign in.

Your faithful jester

( . )( . )
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Dear @hotcakes

I don't promise much, just an annoying daily mass message of "today is a beautiful day, to be a beautiful person. Yes. I'm talking to you. Go out and smash you dreams."

But better yet. I promise late night messages ;) that almost never and for always not make sense. Ask my friends list. They know. Right @SwannySez

The forever friend
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I've never had filthy or inappropriate fr...its usually after the fr that theres a dm...like what are your fitness goals.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I never received anything different or unusual or out there as a friend request.
    But a side note-I just deleted all mine because it turns out I'm a terrible friend.:( I hardly ever checked the list or supported them in any way. I spend most of my time at MFP on the forums and/or listing my counts, etc. It's not that I wouldn't like to make a connection or two....maybe pm'ing or emailing instead, which I have offered but nobody ever responded to that.
    So....it is what it is. :blush:
  • SwannySez
    Options
    mtndewme wrote: »
    Dearest hopefully soon to be freind,

I am writing you today to request an audience with your excellency to be considered for part of your court. Your posts on the boards are the most exquisite and I would hope to behold that benevolence daily or as frequently as you sign in.

Your faithful jester

( . )( . )

BOOOOOOOOBIES!!
    Dear @hotcakes

I don't promise much, just an annoying daily mass message of "today is a beautiful day, to be a beautiful person. Yes. I'm talking to you. Go out and smash you dreams."

But better yet. I promise late night messages ;) that almost never and for always not make sense. Ask my friends list. They know. Right @SwannySez

The forever friend

And gawd we love them. Every. Single. One.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    My favourite one yet had a message with it "add me butth0le"

Totally down with FRs about your butth0le, pole.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    Not sure if this would be the best or worst 🤔 definitely the most memorable..

“Add me or I will hunt you down and ram my 12” big black c*** up your a** “

I mean what did he expect me to do???

And I’m gutted I’m still waiting 🤷🏻‍♀️

You really sound disappointed, too, pimpy.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    My favourite one yet had a message with it "add me butth0le"

Was this me? Feels like it was me :lol:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i haven't gotten a worst. wait. i think maybe a collector thought i was female. but it didn't include any richard pics, so that's good.

I don't send FRs, generally. I pretty much assume no one wants anything to do with me and those few who do will reach out to me.
  • Plague_Doktor
    Plague_Doktor Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    "Hey @SwannySez want sum *kitten* I mean friend??"
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    *kitten*..people here get personal notes with their friends request?? WTHHHH....I just hit accept...no need to over think...
  • SwannySez
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    *kitten*..people here get personal notes with their friends request?? WTHHHH....I just hit accept...no need to over think...

I don’t know if they show up on the app. I think you have to go to the website to see any messages, but yeah, you can include a name and message.

My go to name is either Ron Mexico or Carlos Donger.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    "Hey @SwannySez want sum *kitten* I mean friend??"

I don’t even care what the *kitten* is. I want some.