Tips for working out at lunch

Options
2»

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat much in the winter but my gym gets warmer in the summer so I'll jump into a cold shower for like a minute just to chill off before I change back into my work clothes.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I don't sweat much in the winter but my gym gets warmer in the summer so I'll jump into a cold shower for like a minute just to chill off before I change back into my work clothes.

This is also what I do. I live in the frozen north, so in the winter, I just wear my workout clothes under my regular clothes like long-johns-Superman, tear into the locker room, strip down to my gym clothes, work out, take a cold rinse afterward to drop core temp WITHOUT getting my hair wet, then throw my clothes back on and get back to the office.

As another person mentioned, I also have an agreement with my boss to work through lunch on Tuesday and Thursday to give me extra time to cover my walk/jog to the gym and back on M, W, F. I try to use that bit as my warm up/cool down.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Since we moved into a new building with a gym in the lowest level this became much easier.

I informed my colleagues that I'm working out during lunch. My calendar is up to date and I people know where I am in case of emergency.

I'm in Chicago - as such I work out outside when I can, but when the weather turns of conferences conflict, I head indoors.

I work out at low intensity if I need to go back to the office. I keep a change of clothes, take a quick shower, and have a small fan at my desk to cool off.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I don't understand working out at lunch. I get 30 min and we can't just go eat after our lunch break, we are expected to be actually working and not have food everywhere. By the time I clock out, change, get to the car, that's already 5-10 min, then to go any where else, workout, back, clock in and be working? I'd get about a 5-10 min workout. I tried negotiating for an hour lunch, to do a 30 min lap swim...it took the full hour to change, drive, swim, drive back and change. And then my hair stayed up wet the rest of the day and I froze! Not worth it.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I don't understand working out at lunch. I get 30 min and we can't just go eat after our lunch break, we are expected to be actually working and not have food everywhere. By the time I clock out, change, get to the car, that's already 5-10 min, then to go any where else, workout, back, clock in and be working? I'd get about a 5-10 min workout. I tried negotiating for an hour lunch, to do a 30 min lap swim...it took the full hour to change, drive, swim, drive back and change. And then my hair stayed up wet the rest of the day and I froze! Not worth it.

It’s definitely not for everyone! I have an hour long break and I’m lucky enough to live very close so I go home feed the dogs, feed myself, go run to get me exercise but also the dogs and then I change and go back to work no problem (most days). The days that I have to take a short break or only take 30 min. I don’t even try to workout. I wait until after work and do it then.