Keto on MFP

How do we do keto on here when it doesn't count net carbs only regular? Really wanting to use this instead if carb manager though dont mind keto, just really need to learn portion size...would help tremendously more than anything else. Tia

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,029 Member
    I just subtracted the fiber when I was on Keto
  • Mrsabror
    Mrsabror Posts: 41 Member
    What the above poster said, if you look at the nutrients fiber is right below carbs, I just subtract it. That has worked fine for me. Sometimes someone will have a net carb listing for "keto products" such as Rebel ice-cream, so you can do that as well.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    I would go into Goals, daily nutrition goals, here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals/daily_nutrition_goals

I would set Fiber as one of my FOOD page columns.

None of us are eating more than 40-50g of fiber a day, and if you're doing keto you're probably eating more like 10-20g per day so you can do the quick math in your head.

Just as an FYI, though...check all your foods against a reputable database, since the foods here are entered by people all over the world and SOME countries list net carbs on labels while others list total carbs, so you need to know which are which.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I just subtracted the fiber when I was on Keto

This. Super easy.
  • trishaak
    trishaak Posts: 7 Member
    Actually when you look at the nutrition and click the macros i believe it will show the fiber and i always just subtract it that way. Hope this helps.
  • trishaak
    trishaak Posts: 7 Member
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    You can just make fiber one of the 2 extra things (after macros and cals) that MFP tracks. Swap out sodium or sugar.