Low Calorie Chips

Options
2»

Replies

• Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Off The Eaten Path, sold at Walmart and Target. They are also gluten free and have more protein than most chips.
  • acooperm
    acooperm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Pop chips! Only 100 calories per single serving bag. I buy them by the case!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I like Special K Cracker Chips. And I've just discovered Kuna Pops; more like a cheese puff than a chip, but comes in a few flavors and offers a decent bit of protein.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    SkinnyPop mini popcorn cakes - Sea Salt. Serving is 120 calories which is about 20 cakes. Just salty enough.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    I just tried these yesterday and they are pretty good and very crunchy.
    80342bce-0c45-4441-8185-076b2cc4cbe3_1.7de323e6e16e3f991a5404bbfb5da835.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    First, chips as in crisps or fries? Second, what are you craving about them? Is it the saltiness? The crunch? The fattiness? A particular brand or style of chips? Your answer to this question will help you find something appropriate, from pickles to popcorn to oven baked to fried/baked veggie slices to smaller portions/saving calories over a few days for whatever chips you're craving.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    For conventional highly salted US crisps like Lay's Original, you can't even taste the potato after the first few chips because the salt deadens taste buds. We did an experiment in the Pringles lab decades ago and I promise you that threee or four old school chips then anything you want after that with good mouth feel will satisfy.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    If you want a crisp carby crunchy snack that is less work than the microwave oil free potato chips I posted earlier, there are a couple of easy alternatives.

Poppadoms, the kind you are meant to deep fry at home. They puff and crisp up in the microwave. About 1 minute on high. Don't be disappointed if they feel limp when you take them out of the microwave. They turn brittle as they cool.

Asian prawn crackers sold for deep frying at home crisp up in the microwave as well. A little more problematic than poppadom's as they are thicker so sometimes there are uncooked bits after the initial microwave. Microwave 30 seconds on high. If there are remaining unpuffed bits on any of the chips microwave at 10 second increments after removing fully puffed crackers. These are a little tricky as they burn easily.

Photo of a spiced and seeded poppadom sold for deep frying at home after being zapped. I like dip these in some no fat yoghurt with a little commercial chutney stirred in.

6kob3nic3cws.jpeg