Active job do I enter it as activity

I have an active job, walking around/on my feet all day. Do I put 8 hours of standing in my activity and eat back those calories?? or just eat the goal amount it gives me???

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    ^^ agree with @SS set activity level to active.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I have an active job, walking around/on my feet all day. Do I put 8 hours of standing in my activity and eat back those calories?? or just eat the goal amount it gives me???

You should select an activity level commensurate with your day to day activity without exercise...that's what those descriptors are for. When you do that, you will get a calorie target commensurate with your non exercise activity level. The whole eat back calories thing is for deliberate exercise outside of your day to day activity level. Set your activity level appropriately.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    If I were you I'd put my activity level as active and only add intentional exercise you do separately. If after 4-6 weeks you are losing weight quicker than expected change your activity level to very active, but if you aren't losing as expected then drop it to lightly active.