New mom ready to get healthy (again)

Options
Hello everyone!
I’m here again to get myself back on track. I used this app to lose about 40 pounds in 2011 and a few other times over the years. Well I had my beautiful daughter in March, and while I didn’t gain a lot of weight during pregnancy, post pregnancy I have gained a lot of weight due to just being busy and exhausted from lack of sleep. My daughter is 10 months old and finally sleeping through the night and I am ready to get back in shape and to stop feeling like crap all the time.
Any other moms out there? I’m always open for suggestions on how to fit workouts In with kids.

Replies

• tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I relate to your story big time.

I had my daughter last April, and I didn't get out of control during my pregnancy, but after I gained 30lbs. I have finally lost the 30lbs and I'm just trying to get the final ten-15 bonus pounds off. Finding that routine is so hard. I had a really hard time allowing myself to go running on weekends if my daughter was awake, because I felt like I needed to spend that time with her. My therapist finally helped me understand that healthy relationships are a pyramid -- us at the top, then our relationship with our partner if we have one, and then the child. If we don't take care of ourselves first, then we won't be 100% there for our babes.
  • Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    tapwaters wrote: »
    I relate to your story big time.

I had my daughter last April, and I didn't get out of control during my pregnancy, but after I gained 30lbs. I have finally lost the 30lbs and I'm just trying to get the final ten-15 bonus pounds off. Finding that routine is so hard. I had a really hard time allowing myself to go running on weekends if my daughter was awake, because I felt like I needed to spend that time with her. My therapist finally helped me understand that healthy relationships are a pyramid -- us at the top, then our relationship with our partner if we have one, and then the child. If we don't take care of ourselves first, then we won't be 100% there for our babes.

Thank you so much! It’s so true!