Patience isn’t my strong suite

Options
Ugh! How long before you all started seeing movement on the scale? I know it takes time but any encouragement is good. Thank you

Replies

• DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I think everybody is different, but for me personally, I saw the scale start to move in a week or two. I saw a difference in the way clothes were fitting after about 2 months. At 5 months, I needed to go shopping to get properly fitting clothes. Also, at 5 months, co-workers started telling me that I was looking a lot different.
  • Jamaica113
    Jamaica113 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Congrats on your success.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    It depends on quite a few things, such as normal water/waste fluctuation and how large of a deficit you can safely create. When someone reports a very large drop soon after they started restricting calories, it is mostly or entirely water. Fat loss happens much more slowly. You may get the large water weight loss or not, but most people are here to lose fat, not water.

Choose a pace of loss that is reasonable for your stats, consistently weigh all your food, eat that number of calories without going over. The weight will come off.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you have to lose...those with large amounts will see scale loss pretty quickly in the first week, those with less might have to wait 3 or 4 weeks... (especially if a woman)