Weight Loss Story

preciousperez2020
preciousperez2020 Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2020 in Success Stories
I have been struggling with weight for years, since I was 17 yrs old.

I am 4'11, super short! With my highest weight of 263 lbs!!
I have lost 71 lbs so far and still want to lose another 42 lbs to meet my goal!
I sure have seen and feel the difference.

6 mo for my daughter 15th birthday bash and I hope to be at my goal weight

I know I can and I will ;)
trdamr3at4xg.jpg
kv24zbmagiq2.jpg

Replies

• Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    You look great!
  • Thank you <3
  • DollyWolf99
    DollyWolf99 Posts: 13 Member
    You look amazing!!!
  • Thank you DollyWolf99, HufflepuffGrl9 <3
  • tronjo2002
    tronjo2002 Posts: 43 Member
    looking good!! Nice job!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Girlfriend...you are so doing this right and righteously and looking absolutely marvelous--super YAY you and
    {{{ <3 WOW and Hugs and High Fives <3 }}}}
  • @NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Thank you so much!!
    🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗
  • @tronjo2002
    You're to sweet.
    Thank you🤗
  • It's funny that I didn't even realize how heavy I was! Until now, looking back at pictures, even my family realized it. It's like a denial😬
    I mean I know I was heavy but I would look in mirror and didn't really SEE it.😂
  • jasspennington
    jasspennington Posts: 94 Member
    I have been struggling with weight for years, since I was 17 yrs old.

I am 4'11, super short! With my highest weight of 263 lbs!!
    I have lost 71 lbs so far and still want to lose another 42 lbs to meet my goal!
    I sure have seen and feel the difference.

6 mo for my daughter 15th birthday bash and I hope to be at my goal weight

I know I can and I will ;)
    trdamr3at4xg.jpg
    kv24zbmagiq2.jpg

What are you doing to be so successful at this? Are you doing a certain diet or just eating healthy? Thanks for you input!
  • @jasspennington
    Portion control. Eat slower. No straws. No chewing gum. (That helps to reduce air bloating)
    I still cheat here and there, have my sodas and chips and candy😬
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    It's funny that I didn't even realize how heavy I was! Until now, looking back at pictures, even my family realized it. It's like a denial😬
    I mean I know I was heavy but I would look in mirror and didn't really SEE it.😂

^^This! I think is truly the problem for a lot of people. I know I can relate! I never saw myself and being as heavy as I was or even am, though my build is tall and broad, so I carried my excess weight well and most people wouldn't guess I was as heavy as I actually was. Still, photos revealed an ugly picture non-the-less.

Now I have the opposite problem - I can't see myself being the thinner person that I am now! I saw a picture of myself with my little niece taken this summer, and I was flabbergasted to know that was me - I didn't recognize myself!

Great job, @preciousperez2020 - you're doing a fantastic job and deserve to be proud of yourself!
  • davidapel8616
    davidapel8616 Posts: 6 Member
    Great job!! Keep it going
  • zinaramos3
    zinaramos3 Posts: 11 Member
    Congratulations! Please share your secret.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member
    zinaramos3 wrote: »
    Congratulations! Please share your secret.

There is no secret. If your calorie intake is less than your calorie expenditure, you lose weight. Keep it up, and over time you will reach your goal.

If there is a SECRET it is: as you lose weight, you have recalculate your calorie expenditure because you oxidize fewer calories as you lose mass.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Congratulations on your loss!! Your hard work is showing! You are literally glowing now and your confidence certainly shows!! Keep going girl!! You've Got This!!! Super proud of you and your dedication!! It is all worth it and then some!!
  • Wow! Persistence pays off! Good job! Thanks for the inspiration.

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Congratulations on your hard work.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,005 Member
    Great job!!!
    Keep it up!

I'm also 4'11".
    Us Shorties have to stick together.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    You are shrinking! You look so pretty in that yellow and happy too. Great work you are looking amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!