Options
Brenda6160
Brenda6160 Posts: 1 Member
Looking for a great meal plan

Replies

• heatherv4
    heatherv4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Six sisters menu plan. They have a healthy meal plan. It can be for smaller portions or for a larger family. They send out the plan each week with a shopping list. If you are not interested in one of the meals you take it off and it is removed from the shopping list. They give the nutritional information for each meal. I have also entered it into MFP and figured it out on my own. It is really good food that the rest of my family has loved! I highly recommend!
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Meal Planning Made Easy by e-meals looks interesting, too.

I've never considered meal planning services, but it looks to be a topic that deserves some study.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Budgetbytes has awesome meal plans, and pretty affordable too
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I do my own for five weeks at a time, and if anyone wants to contact me I will talk them through the process.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I also do my own, but for the next week. I look at the grocery ads and base my meals around what is on sale.
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Popping back in to share my research. I did not sign up for these, so my opinions are base solely on what the site says, not what it does.

Six Sisters looks nice as well as helpful. Easy to sign up and easy to close an account - all online. Appears limited to a database of meals that are not filtered as to type or style (keto, Mediteranean, diabetic, etc.) Might be worth paying the nickel to take a look.

The one I offered as possible planner, Emeals, ( https://emeals.com/) turned out to be an extensive and filterable database of meals. The filters are broken down into more than a dozen styles/types of diets, so customization should be a snap. They offer a two week trial period, but that cannot be canceled unless the user calls their 800 number. This gives them the opportunity to use high pressure sales tactics to keep the user on board and, unless the user records the phone call, there is no record of the transaction. The only benefits of this way of doing business accrue only to the business - signing up online should be canceled online. I'll steer clear of this one and suggest others do so, too.

These two, and others, appear to only provide dinner plans and leave the rest of the day to the user. They may or may not list nutrient values for the meals - I didn't see any in my unpaid looks.

Well, that's all for now.

• MarieWiddowson
    MarieWiddowson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sadly no ‘Six Sisters’. Although English, I live in France. They seem to be slightly behind on low fat alternatives etc. Probably because overall they are a slimmer nation despite their delicious bread, cheese and wines. All of which are my favourite 😀
  • sarbear620
    sarbear620 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Budgetbytes has awesome meal plans, and pretty affordable too

I have always loved Budgetbytes for my recipes! So easy and although not necessarily a health site she has lots of vegetarian and other healthy recipes.