Workout Gear

Options
Is it just me, or does having the right workout gear sometimes go a really long way in motivating you?

I just got a new pair of Reebok running shoes yesterday and I really love the look of them. Somehow, today, I'm 10 times more motivated to go for a run! Maybe I just want to show off my new kicks, but whatever works, right? :-)

Replies

• LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    oh totally. When I got my new running shoes and new t-shirt (lol) I felt way more motivated to go out and do stuff!
  • chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It can also work in reverse too... most of my shirts are fine until I do overhead press or push press, then my gut falls out the bottom. I need some suggestions on longer cut shirts :-/
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Yes, Im finding that cause i spend so much more time in my workout gear in the evenings and weekends, that i want nice stuff to wear, at the beginning of my journey id put on a tatty t-shirt and holiday shorts and trainers that i had from school. I find it so tempting to buy new workout gear, I have had to put the breaks on recently. A new love of shopping i thought i'd never have!
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yup! Soooo true! Just ask my hubby how much i've spent lately on workout stuff :)
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You are not wrong! I used to work out in schlubby tees and high water track pants because "Workout gear is too pricey and who's going to see me anyway." I must have looked REALLY bad because whenever I'd run into fellow gym-goers while out and about, they'd always do a double take and express surprise that it was me...and this happened more than once! Then one day I got sick of wearing pants that were too short for me and bought new workout pants, then new tops, bras, etc. and now I'm at the point where I can't look at fitness clothes or I will buy them. I think I'm motivated by the prospect of looking even hotter in my workout gear...ha ha!
  • marniesworld
    marniesworld Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm glad I'm not the only one. :-)

A friend of mine works with Ryka and sent me a few things a while back - some yoga pants, a few shirts, and a pair of sneakers. It was literally like Christmas morning!

Sad to say my nifty new shoes that I mentioned in my first post rub my ankles a little, so I've got to break them in a bit more before I attempt 5 miles again!